Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

CP still flys to NRT, according to airport's own website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2003, 5:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

Was plunking around towards the end of the day and was checking out the details for Narita as am connecting there in a few weeks and wondered what shops/services were available between NW flights. Lo and behold, this screen popped up saying Canadian flys into Terminal 2!

http://www.tokyo-nrt.com/terminals.html

Maybe Destina folks responsible for Narita's website also?
Old Jul 4, 2003, 6:00 pm
msn

No, if it was Destina, they would have the airline logo there are well.
Old Jul 4, 2003, 8:27 pm

Has anyone noticed the various CP logos on, in and around AC planes recently? I have. They're very subtle and well hidden, but if you look, you can find them. (BTW, both the "goose" and the "motion mark" have been spotted.
Old Jul 5, 2003, 12:54 am

I'm not sure if the 737s are gone from mainline yet, but if there are still some left chances are that you'll be flying "Canadi>n Class" (if that upgrade doesn't clear) according to the logo on the separator between the classes.
Old Jul 5, 2003, 4:24 am

I was thinking J class on an A330.
Old Jul 5, 2003, 4:58 am
msn

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ken hAAmer:
Has anyone noticed the various CP logos on, in and around AC planes recently? I have. They're very subtle and well hidden, but if you look, you can find them. (BTW, both the "goose" and the "motion mark" have been spotted.</font>
Had some old stickers to get rid of, Ken? I wouldn't mind having a few myself.
Old Jul 5, 2003, 4:12 pm

No, this was AC supplied "stuff". It was on the plane before I got on, and it was still on the plane after I got off.
Old Jul 5, 2003, 4:55 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

He's probably referring to the CP goose pins some FAs are wearing.

[This message has been edited by Empress (edited 07-05-2003).]
Old Jul 5, 2003, 5:41 pm

I was on a ORD-YYZ A320 a couple months ago and the captain came on the PA and welcomed us on behalf of Air Canada and the crew, which he informed us consisted of "former proud employees (his words) of Canadian Pacific, Wardair, Nordair, and Pacific Western Airlines". Two members of the cabin crew sported Proud Wings pins.

As I was a proud (and laid-off) Air Canada employee at the time, I was hoping one would make a little small talk with me, so I could use my razor-sharp wit to let them know I didn't share their sense of nostalgia. Of course, after the drink service they disappeared to the back galley.
Old Jul 5, 2003, 5:48 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">He's probably referring to the CP goose pins some FAs are wearing.</font>
Nope.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.