Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

OT: Miscellaneous Canadian Aviation news

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2003, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat

• SWISS launches a new "Swiss Bus" shuttle service between Ottawa [the VIA Station] and YUL to connect with its daily flights. Outbound departure is at 1:20p arriving YUL at 3:20p. Return from YUL at 4:30p arriving at 6:30p. The fare is included in any tickets purchased ex-YOW.

• Bombardier is expected to announce new orders from four airlines, including Qantas and ANA, but this time for the new DASH400 series turboprops. About 60 planes are anticipated in the order, which will keep the Downsview plant going for another couple of years. Current output is about two aircraft a month, so with the new orders this is expected to rise by 40%.
Old Jul 5, 2003, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
There is an article in today's Edmonton Journal about how people are finding travel websites frustrating to deal with - get error messages, vague rules etc... I believe they tried 10 sites....2 of them were aircanada.ca and detestina!!! Might have skewed the numbers including these two!!

Sorry, I couldn't find a link.
Old Jul 5, 2003, 1:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Well, Altaflyer, you know at least one friendly neighborhood TA to send the frustrated folks to.
Old Jul 5, 2003, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I agree with tcook. Websites are really only for the simplest of bookings. Anything beyond that is TA or airline call centre terrain.
Old Jul 5, 2003, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
I agree with tcook. Websites are really only for the simplest of bookings. Anything beyond that is TA or airline call centre terrain.</font>
Yes, complicated bookings but bookings need not be complicated to be frustrating on detestina.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.