Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

'D' class to be released for July/August

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2003, 5:34 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Starting tonight, there will be a huge block of 'D' class seats being released systemwide for the month of July & August.

No specific routes was mentioned so keep an eye on it.
Old Jul 2, 2003, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

This has already been done for some city pairs. For example, there are now D class seats every single day from now until 31AUG on YYZ/YVR. So grab them fast!
Old Jul 2, 2003, 5:53 pm

Good news.

But is this just a one time thing or will we see more D seats released in the future for other months as well?
Old Jul 2, 2003, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

AC evaluates flights once in a while and if there are lots of empty seats, they will release a large block of award seats. So to answer your question - this is not a one time thing.
Old Jul 2, 2003, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
A bit late, so I guess they decided against selling discounted C domestic/transborder this summer. Wise to try and fill the capacity with Aeroplan bookings. "Sorry ma'am, we can't get you a Hospitality Class seat but for another 15,000 Aeroplan miles we can put you in Executive Class both ways..."
Old Jul 3, 2003, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
AC/Aeroplan has ads running in today's newspapers proclaiming: "Seatsvaganza". Up to 30,000 Executive Class/Executive First seats will be made available on AC and JAZZ for reward travel worldwide.
Old Jul 3, 2003, 6:52 am
At Large

First the carrot then the stick--this is a warm up to higher J fares and more stringent U/G privileges in the fall or at the beginning of next year.
Old Jul 3, 2003, 7:06 am

Good news but a bit late. Does AC realize that for the first time they now have more than 2 D seats available on selected YYZ-YVR flights. Think what this will do for the toaster business. Oh, I forgot, the increased availability is only for 2 months.

------------------
Saturday nights should be spent with family.
Old Jul 3, 2003, 8:24 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Perhaps this is a way to remove some AP miles out of the current bank?

O
Old Jul 3, 2003, 10:05 pm

Lots of hype in newspaper adds today.

But for me, there is still nothing on any of the routes we were hoping for this summer.
Old Jul 3, 2003, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG... you get the picture
ditto, who wants to fly from YYC to YYZ via YEG, YQR and YWG (with an overnighter to boot)? This ain't a mileage run!
Old Jul 5, 2003, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Just out of curiosity I plugged in some dates in August YYZ-LHR for D rewards. Guess which flights came up available? The 23:55 YYZ departure and the 16:45LHR departure. The two flight numbers Empress warned are being operated with domestic J in July and August. What a surprise.
Old Jul 5, 2003, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Shocking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.