Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Grounds B737Max until 01JUL; Charters Air Transat to help cover flying

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Grounds B737Max until 01JUL; Charters Air Transat to help cover flying

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium

I’ve been rebooked on an Air Transat flight. Where should I go?

If you have been rebooked on an Air Transat flight and are beginning your journey at Montreal (YUL) or Vancouver (YVR) airports, please proceed directly to the Air Transat domestic check-in counters. Air Canada staff will be available there to assist you upon arrival. Kindly note that self-service check-in is not available for these flights.
Who will be first FTer to book AC301/302 YUL-YVR (Air Transit March 20-31) and scan your Air Transit boarding pass for access to MLL Lounge at origin, and MLL lounge at arrival?

Maybe paper lounge invitations being given at checkin desk? (though I'm sure they haven't thought out arrivals lounge acces)
lewis_m likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by expert7700
[h4]

Who will be first FTer to book AC301/302 YUL-YVR (Air Transit March 20-31) and scan your Air Transit boarding pass for access to MLL Lounge at origin, and MLL lounge at arrival?

Maybe paper lounge invitations being given at checkin desk? (though I'm sure they haven't thought out arrivals lounge acces)
Strictly speaking, you're not entitled to access.

That being said, I have no plans between now and Saturday...
cedric likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by AC7E7

If this airline bothers you so much, why do you use them?
Because the vast majority of times I fly I can minimize the impact of these things on my life — to the extent that given my budget AC is the least bad choice in almost every case that I use them. But that doesn’t make my statement any less true or the one one I was responding to any more accurate. Further: if you experience other airlines (notably many Asian airlines) you quickly realize AC is pretty mediocre at most things. At best. Saying that however doesn’t magically provide better alternatives for domestic and NA travel. It is just simply true.
arf04 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Strictly speaking, you're not entitled to access.

That being said, I have no plans between now and Saturday...
Historic day, Aeroplan was NOT technically lying now when they said we will have new options and new carriers

Worse case will they might make us SDC to use the lounges?

Does Air Transit have a loyalty program we can double accrue to? LOL

Will flyers try this then deflect to Air Transit?

Last edited by expert7700; Mar 19, 2019 at 12:21 pm
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:38 pm

[h4]

Why would there be an AT boarding pass? This shouldn't be any different than any other AC flight, just an AT plane pulling up to the gate instead of AC. It'll likely be AC 301 - or a different flight number (operated by Air Transat). My assumption is that you'll check-in with AC as normal, receive an AC BP, etc. This wouldn't/shouldn't be treated any differently than AC operated by Jazz/Georgian/Sky/Rouge.

EDIT: I misread expert7700's post. Will respond to canadiancow's response below.
jc94 likes this.

Last edited by YEG USER; Mar 19, 2019 at 1:05 pm
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
It's a great pity they will not reinstate the St John's to London service with an A319 as has previously been the case and surely it has the range for Halifax too. The extra travel to Toronto or Montreal is not at all welcome as a regular on this route - but for me nor was the change to the 738Max which I saw as a major step down from the A319.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG USER
Why would there be an AT boarding pass? This shouldn't be any different than any other AC flight, just an AT plane pulling up to the gate instead of AC. It'll likely be AC 301 - or a different flight number (operated by Air Transat). My assumption is that you'll check-in with AC as normal, receive an AC BP, etc. This wouldn't/shouldn't be treated any differently than AC operated by Jazz/Georgian/Sky/Rouge.
I thought I read somewhere that passengers would have to check in with Air Transat.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Of course TS plans have what, J12 on the 330? The max 8 had 16. Not to mention that while AC Y can be poor it's nothing compared to TS Y seat width for one.

Sure AC will get you there, but it might be mighty uncomfortable and without any $ I imagine.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
I thought I read somewhere that passengers would have to check in with Air Transat.
Which is a key question given TS flies out of T3 at YYZ.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by jc94
Which is a key question given TS flies out of T3 at YYZ.
They aren't covering routes ex-YYZ. Only YUL-YVR in March, and YUL-CUN in April.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:18 pm

[h4]

Originally Posted by YEG USER
I'd misread the quote in expert7700's post. cc you're right.

Full information available at the following link:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ir-canada.html

Looks like Lounge Access has already been addressed...

Lounge Access

You may access the domestic Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge if you hold a ticket for Flight AC 301 or AC 302 and:
  • Are travelling in Business Class
  • Are an Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K, 50K, 35K or Star Alliance Gold member
  • Have pre-purchased Maple Leaf Lounge access
canadiancow and jc94 like this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

As we now have 3 main threads on the 737 MAX topic let's try and separate out the discussion as follows between these threads:

This thread can focus on the short-term leasing of Air Transat aircraft as announced today
The European & Canadian ban of 737 Max - Effect on AC thread can saved for how the grounding is affecting AC including rescheduled flight times, substitutions on certain routes, etc.
The Air Canada Selects Boeing 737 MAX to Renew Mainline Narrowbody Fleet thread should be saved for discussion of recent MAX crashes, airworthiness of the MAX, AC's MAX aircraft, etc.

Posts may be moved between the threads to try and keep the topics separate.

thanks,

tcook052
AC forum moderator

Bohemian1 and Adam Smith like this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
Of course TS plans have what, J12 on the 330? The max 8 had 16. Not to mention that while AC Y can be poor it's nothing compared to TS Y seat width for one.

Sure AC will get you there, but it might be mighty uncomfortable and without any $ I imagine.
is TS Y seat width much different than AC? they are both around the 17" mark no? same with pitch?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by dr_torch
In this situation I am not sure I totally agree. I could be wrong - but since I am booked on a PE ticket if an aircraft has PE I will be seated into PE and can only request my upgrade within my 8 day window. If an aircraft has no PE, I will be booked into Latitude (B/Y) and can request my upgrade now.
I had the same situation. Booked an itinerary in PY but one segment in Y on a 737max for which the upgrade had cleared. I changed my flight proactively to the earlier flight (operated by a 787) and since there was R space, I was automatically upgraded to business class. I would think Y and B fare class cannot be "branded" on another categorie as Flex and Standard are, but some people here knows more than me on this
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World
YUL - SFO
YUL - LAX

Both premium routes if you look at cost of J (compared to YUL-LAS which is cheap) ... Looks like twice dailies are transferred to one daily 787-8 for SFO and A330 for LAX ... upgrade in plane but downgrade for schedule ... similar daily capacity probably ...
YUL-LAS and YYZ-LAS are both AC Rouge flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.