Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Problem getting a refund with Air Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem getting a refund with Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by mcbg1
I didn't not initiate any changes
Double negative aside, previous posts asked if you’d contacted your TA to see why the changes were made. Maybe “you” didn’t initiate the change, but it might not have been AC either. Something could have happened with TA that they made the change on your behalf.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
I was forced to buy or rather pay twice to fly on Air Canada. I had bought my ticket online on their website and paid through my credit card. The ticket was issued on the 9th of February and the credit card was charged. My date of travel was the 11th of March.
When I tried to check online I could not check in and at the counter they told me that I had to pay again for the tickets. I wanted to know why and if they would give me in writing as I can see that my card has been charged a month back. Air Canada told me they are not interested in discussing the issue with me and virtually said take it or leave it.
So I had to pay again for the same tickets I paid before and on the same PNR.
My bank says the card has already been charged and they see no issues with why Air Canada would ask me to pay again. I have now filed a dispute with the bank for Visa and also written to Air Canada and so far no response from Air Canada at all.
I have also written to Canadian Transport Agency who has responded to me and said they have forwarded it to Air Canada. So I have to wait for 30 days before I could inform Canadian Transport Agency if there is no response from Air Canada.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Doesn't post 17 remind you of
Fredericton woman questions Air Canada's reason for revoking airline ticket
Here is how we almost got screwed out of a long-haul flight by Air Canada
AC Cancelling tickets
?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by dav662
I was forced to buy or rather pay twice to fly on Air Canada. I had bought my ticket online on their website and paid through my credit card. The ticket was issued on the 9th of February and the credit card was charged. My date of travel was the 11th of March.
When I tried to check online I could not check in and at the counter they told me that I had to pay again for the tickets. I wanted to know why and if they would give me in writing as I can see that my card has been charged a month back. Air Canada told me they are not interested in discussing the issue with me and virtually said take it or leave it.
So I had to pay again for the same tickets I paid before and on the same PNR.
My bank says the card has already been charged and they see no issues with why Air Canada would ask me to pay again. I have now filed a dispute with the bank for Visa and also written to Air Canada and so far no response from Air Canada at all.
I have also written to Canadian Transport Agency who has responded to me and said they have forwarded it to Air Canada. So I have to wait for 30 days before I could inform Canadian Transport Agency if there is no response from Air Canada.
Very unusual situation.

You weren't able to prove that the charge posted to your credit card statement?

How long has it been since your contacted Air Canada Refunds? Did you provide back-up which would include your credit card statement showing the original charge from last month.

AC does have credit card multiple authorization issues, as I have experienced first hand, but this is the first I have heard about a charge posting and AC requesting another charge.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
It is very unusual situation. It is the first time it has happened to me. How can I prove it to them? When I wanted to show my credit card charges to them to show that they have already been charged to my card and it says on it that the merchant is Air Canada and it was the exact amount that it showed on my original ticket which was issued to me, they absolutely refused to even have a look. They said that they are not interested in having a look at my credit card charge history.
Yes I did email to Air Canada with the relevant documents that shows that I have been charged twice for the same PNR and tickets issued under the same PNR. I did it on the very next day which is the 12th of March. I have told Visa that I am disputing one charge and since it is the same amount they could refund me either one as it does not matter.
What upset me most was that Air Canada did not inform me at all that there was any problems till I came to check in for my flight.
If I have a choice I will never fly Air Canada but I have no choice as it is the only one that has more than two flights per day where I live in Canada. I never fly an International flights on them at all because of these kinds of issues.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by dav662
It is very unusual situation. It is the first time it has happened to me. How can I prove it to them? When I wanted to show my credit card charges to them to show that they have already been charged to my card and it says on it that the merchant is Air Canada and it was the exact amount that it showed on my original ticket which was issued to me, they absolutely refused to even have a look. They said that they are not interested in having a look at my credit card charge history.
Yes I did email to Air Canada with the relevant documents that shows that I have been charged twice for the same PNR and tickets issued under the same PNR. I did it on the very next day which is the 12th of March. I have told Visa that I am disputing one charge and since it is the same amount they could refund me either one as it does not matter.
What upset me most was that Air Canada did not inform me at all that there was any problems till I came to check in for my flight.
If I have a choice I will never fly Air Canada but I have no choice as it is the only one that has more than two flights per day where I live in Canada. I never fly an International flights on them at all because of these kinds of issues.
Are both charges on the same credit card? Is it a Canadian credit card?

If so, then I would escalate this issue to an Air Canada Revenue Manager in Winnipeg.

PM me and I will provide the email contact for the credit card area.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: AC 75K
Refunds for Gift Cards must be done back to the original gift card used for the purchase. Was this information provided to AC?

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ift-cards.html

In the event that a ticket or service purchased (in part or in full) using a Gift Card or eGift Card is being refunded, the value or the unused portion thereof (based on the terms and conditions of the fare being refunded) that was originally paid for by using a Gift Card or eGift Card will be refunded to the original Gift Card or eGift Card number. Customers must retain their original Gift Card or eGift Card until the stored value reaches zero and all travel for which the Gift Card or eGift Card has been used as a form of payment has been completed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.