Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master Thread American Express Aeroplan cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread American Express Aeroplan cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2023, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by canadianidol
Has anyone have problem receiving the 5,000 aeroplan bonus for having met the monthly spend of $1,000? It has been posting regularly every month and shown separately as "bonus' on every statement. But all that stopped beginning in March statement. Just got my April statement and the 5,000 failed to show up. Contact C/S and they mentioned that there is a delay in posting the bonus and asked to wait for 2-3 billing cycle for the bonus to be posted.
Definitely noticing inconsistent processing times on this one as well as the SQM/SQS bonus. First statement my SQM/SQS posted same day as threshold hit but 5000 AP point bonus took statement + 5 days. Next SQM/SQS bonus took threshold + 3 days. Seems there must be some manual processing/approval going on in the background.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 8:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Originally Posted by Newo92
Definitely noticing inconsistent processing times on this one as well as the SQM/SQS bonus. First statement my SQM/SQS posted same day as threshold hit but 5000 AP point bonus took statement + 5 days. Next SQM/SQS bonus took threshold + 3 days. Seems there must be some manual processing/approval going on in the background.
I agree the posting times are taking much longer the last 3 cycles. My March stmt took 2 weeks for the 1000/1 bonus to post. I have also been waiting 5 weeks now since I called in to AP for a missed bonus from
back in Dec stmt. Odd though- the bonuses from my TD Aeroplan Infinite always post the day after the statement. When I talked to the agent at AP on my missing bonus (and also to AMEX) there was a lot of
finger pointing between the two. See my post up-thread for the details.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 10:07 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by cmill007
The card usually arrives overnight, just fyi.

In any case, you should be good. My very next boarding pass had "aeroplan black card holder" on it, which was a couple days after getting approved for it.
The card arrived in a few days. Wife made fun of all of the packaging and how heavy the card itself is.

i was able to register for the Avis status perk after 24 hours. Any idea when Credit Card Holder will show up in the bottom right corner of my aeroplan card in the app? Not an issue, just curious.

First flight with the card is Monday, but my upgrade bid was accepted so wont be using the card benefits until the return flight.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 6:58 am

Programs: AC SE : Bonvoy Ambassador Elite : 47 Park Street Fractional Owner
Originally Posted by warpdryv

[snip]

Any idea when Credit Card Holder will show up in the bottom right corner of my aeroplan card in the app? Not an issue, just curious.

[snip]
I got my AmEx Reserve Card about 2 months ago.

I didnt know that this was a thing but my electronic AP card on the app does not show anything related to my card.

My card does show up on all future bookings when viewed in the PNR Viewer in Cowtool.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 3:28 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Does anyone have the Air Canada Card and consider renewing? I'm struggling to unlock value from it, and would be eager to learn from others.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 4:13 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dumbdog
Does anyone have the Air Canada Card and consider renewing? I'm struggling to unlock value from it, and would be eager to learn from others.
I have the Amex Aeroplan Reserve and the two things that seem to benefit me are the 50 Eupg carryover and priority (tiebreaker) on the upg list.
On the very off occasion (maybe 2-3 times a year), I have used a Centurion or Priority Pass lounge.
Obviously I also earn points on the card. I put all my meals, hotel and car rentals incl my business travel on the card so that gets me a ton of points.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 4:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
After many years I cancelled the AMEX Plat MR. Changed to Visa Infinite privilege last year. Hard to justify both especially with difficulty finding retailers who accept AMEX.

I may miss Priority Pass, but the benefits have diminished over the past decade and the annual fee at $699 is steep.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 5:42 pm

Programs: AC 50K, CX SL, UA Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dumbdog
It depends on how much you fly and where you fly from and how you usually pay for flights - imo some of the AP black credit cards are useful in these scenarios:
- you fly a few round trips in North America a year but not enough to reach 50K: lounge access (only 50K or CC holders get this) + priority boarding and baggage (depending on your level, might not be an incremental benefit) come in handy
- your SQM balance is usually stuck between two levels by end of year: rollover SQM makes it much easier to requalify the next year

but yes again, I can see how in some scenarios it wont be super valuable without welcome bonuses, but it also still has a value prop that would make sense to some people.

as an example - I personally am new to Aeroplan this year and got it to start getting some benefits before I had any status. Almost gonna hit 50K and I feel that some of those things that I initially cared about (priority boarding, baggage etc) probably dont matter as much anymore, but now I do want to be able to rollover SQM and eUp credits. I also buy flights on the credit card so I get a multiplier on points. It works for me, so I dont see myself closing the account any time soon unless anything changes significantly.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 12:10 pm

Are there any current Amex Offers on the Reserve Card? I have offers on my Amex Aeroplan card, but have only ever received one Disney and a few Amex referral offers on my Aeroplan Reserve Amex. Have had the card 7 months now.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 12:28 pm

Programs: AP AS BA
Originally Posted by ccow
Are there any current Amex Offers on the Reserve Card? I have offers on my Amex Aeroplan card, but have only ever received one Disney and a few Amex referral offers on my Aeroplan Reserve Amex. Have had the card 7 months now.
Welcome to FT!
I have heard (and experienced it first hand) that the number of Offers is directly proportional to the amount of spending on your card. How much have you spent on the Reserve?
Old Apr 24, 2023, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by fbrdky
Welcome to FT!
I have heard (and experienced it first hand) that the number of Offers is directly proportional to the amount of spending on your card. How much have you spent on the Reserve?
Between 9 and 10K total.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC 50K, CX SL, UA Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ccow
Between 9 and 10K total.
is that per month? I feel like Amex is making the criteria quite mysterious but in my experience it does feel like its related to spend (I have multiple cards that get very different offers)

I usually spend somewhere between 3-4K a month on my AP Reserve, and slowly started receiving offers after holding the card for 2-3 months:

Old Apr 24, 2023, 12:40 pm

FWIW My Amex Business Reserve has had ~10k/mo over the last few months and all I have is the Metrolinx and Travelpro offer.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 12:46 pm

All my offers that are not specific to a certain card (Like lululemon for platinum) go on cobalt. I have nothing on Amex Reserve.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 7:20 pm

Has anyone in the GTA received the "Cookin" offer & used it successfully? Spend $50 and earn a $50 credit? (on the Cobalt btw)

Seemed like a pretty sweet deal, and I've never heard or tried Cookin so wanted to give it a go. After downloading the app and searching my address for pretty much any available date for weeks out, kept saying "no available chefs in the area for that date"...

For reference this is what Cookin is about:
"Cookin makes it easy for people to order fresh homemade food from local cooks and for home cooks to share their meals with their neighbourhood."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.