Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYZ connection flight 1.5 hour from US

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

I have a flight booked with 1.5 hour between flights from BWI to YYZ then YYZ to YYC. We have US passports if that makes a difference. Will this be enough time for the connection flight? Here's the flight info:

Monday 12 Aug, 2019
09:30 Baltimore/Washington Int. Thurgood Marshall (BWI), US
10:55 Toronto Toronto-Pearson Int. (YYZ), CA

Monday 12 Aug, 2019
12:30 Toronto Toronto-Pearson Int. (YYZ), CA
14:42 Calgary Calgary Int. (YYC), CA

On the return flight its a similar situation

Monday 19 Aug, 2019
13:25 Calgary Calgary Int. (YYC), CA
19:16 Toronto Toronto-Pearson Int. (YYZ), CA

Monday
19 Aug, 2019
20:40 Toronto Toronto-Pearson Int. (YYZ), CA
22:05 Washington Baltimore/Washington Int. Thurgood Marshall (BWI), US
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What airline/airlines?
All booked as 1 ticket? Or separate tickets?
Checked luggage?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Its booked as one ticket with one airline. Air canada. I have 2 separate booking one for myself +kid and one for my wife. Both bookings are departure and return air canada.

Checked baggage yes. probably 2.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Found another one with 2 hour of layover on both ends so i canceled and booked that instead. Same airports but with 2 hour of layover. Is that enough with checked baggage? Same airline 1 booking.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:57 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I am moving the thread to the Air Canada forum where I hope you will receive some help.

NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:20 pm

As all flights are operated by Air Canada, you'd (likely) have been fine with the 1.5 hr connection. IIRC minimum connection time is 70 minutes. Your bags will be checked straight through. Your BP should state "OSS" for One Stop Security on it. When you arrive there will be (poor) signage to domestic connections. Follow those signs - you'll go through customs and then take a bus to the domestic concourse without having to reclear security.

As with any connection, it depends on your inbound flight being on time, but if you had 90 minutes you'd (likely) have been fine. I've done USA-YYZ-Canada with checked bag with a little over 30 minutes.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by cloney
Found another one with 2 hour of layover on both ends so i canceled and booked that instead. Same airports but with 2 hour of layover. Is that enough with checked baggage? Same airline 1 booking.
You should have plenty of time as long as your inbound flight is on time. Even a short delay of 30 to 45 minutes shouldn't present a problem.

What flights have you booked now? If possible, I generally try to avoid the last flight of the day so that if I do miss my connection (because my inbound flight is late), I am not stuck at YYZ overnight.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:50 pm

I have done IAD -> YYZ -> YYC with checked luggage on AC previously on a nominal 90 minute connection. If I remember correctly IAD -> YYZ was delayed by about 20 minutes outbound.

The only real hiccup in the process was discovering that the then-new OSS point at YYZ didn't have any NEXUS machines, so I needed to stop to fill out a customs form. Other than that, even with the delay, I got to the gate just as boarding was starting.

1.5 hours likely would have worked for you.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:52 pm
5mm
Suspended

Its booked as one ticket with one airline. Air canada. I have 2 separate booking one for myself +kid and one for my wife. Both bookings are departure and return air canada.

Checked baggage yes. probably 2.
You have lots of time. No point waisting time in YYZ for "just in case". Plus, if there is a problem, AC will just put you on the next flight.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:57 pm
5mm
Suspended

Why cancel? OP has lots of time for connection and bags will not be a issue at all. Have you ever transfered inYYZ?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by 5mm
Why cancel? OP has lots of time for connection and bags will not be a issue at all. Have you ever transfered inYYZ?
Since the post you replied to was by the OP, I’m guessing the answer is no which is why question was asked in first place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.