Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Possible Air Canada CSeries routes (A220)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible Air Canada CSeries routes (A220)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I'd like to see YYZ-SNA....
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:01 am

Any word on whether SJC-YYZ will be premium long-haul, similar to the non-Signature class flights out of SFO?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
They are replacing A319 and likely lower yield A320 routes with it, but frankly, I don't mind having higher frequency and an A220 over a 7M8.
Plus it's a newer plane so that's another reason why I want it. Of all the North American cities that I go to, New York is near the top of the list. Right now I don't really like flying to LGA simply because the airport is so crappy and I have to take the bus to get there, but things are changing. I'm so excited that I wish there is a time machine and we can just skip ahead 2-4 years so we can experience these things already!
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by The Lev
IIRC part of Delta's deal with Bombardier was that they were getting the aircraft for a really really low price but that they were only to be used on short-haul routes and that if Delta deployed them on longer routes they would need to pay Bombardier a higher price for those aircraft. Either Bombardier/Airbus waived that requirement or Delta is happy enough with the A220 that they are willing to pay the higher price to get the added range.
It was reported on the news that DL got a good deal for the A220s. I didn't know about potentially paying more money to Airbus if they decide to do long haul. I think everything that I read indicates that the plane is good and everyone is happy with it. Hopefully more airlines buy the plane. It's a shame that Bombardier had to sell the plane to Airbus.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nave888

The cabin looks OK but is it just me, or do the Y lavs look extremely tight? I wish AC did what Delta did and make the lavs bigger!
However the front lavs look relatively large. An improvement over the Max. As to the Y ones, well, both the lavs and Y seating seem consistent with what they did with the Max, apart from seat width, which they would have but it was not possible to add a sixt one across... Anyway, no surprise there, except they seem to have heard us regarding the front toilet. Trend continues, making Y as packed as possible and pricing it low, while improving J as long as costs are within an acceptable range. Limiting upgrades availability hence number of J seats.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Just noticed on the seat map that they had to put most of the "Preferred" Y seats (other than row 12) at or behind the exit row (rows 19-21).

Also seems like a tiny Y galley and closet in J.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I would never encourage anyone to fly with me.

But... the inaugural YYZ-SJC is currently J7 I7 (but that I7 is only visible to Aeroplan, otherwise it's I4)

I suspect there's an RM algorithm that says "we've never sold J on this route, so let's just open it up".
asovse1 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WesternCDN
As of ~2 weeks ago DL had scheduled an A220-100 for SEA-ATL route in mid-2020.

But you're right, does seem to be low capacity for a hub-hub route.
DL is using A221s on hub-hub routes at awkward hours (arriving after midnight or departing before 6am) when they struggle to fill a full-size narrowbody. They have SLC-JFK hub-hub scheduled as well
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by kjnangre
DL is using A221s on hub-hub routes at awkward hours (arriving after midnight or departing before 6am) when they struggle to fill a full-size narrowbody. They have SLC-JFK hub-hub scheduled as well
Exactly. Frequency is more important than capacity. Capacity is much, much easier to upgauge/downgauge.

United basically flies widebodies through tons of routes for hub to hub, including short runs like ORD EWR, LAX DEN, etc., at the same time that they fly regionals.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:54 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I have a YUL-YYC flight in April next year that has been switched from 319 to 223 in the last couple of days.

Originally Posted by WesternCDN
As of ~2 weeks ago DL had scheduled an A220-100 for SEA-ATL route in mid-2020 as reported by thepointsguy/Airlineroute here: https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...ranscon-route/

But you're right, does seem to be low capacity for a hub-hub route.
Originally Posted by lsquare
No, DL announced the first trans-continental route for the A220 and that will commence next year. It'll be SEA-ATL.
Interesting, hadn't seen that. SEA-ATL has been mostly 757s and 739s when I've looked at it in the past.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I have a YUL-YYC flight in April next year that has been switched from 319 to 223 in the last couple of days.

Which makes lots of sense. It's not that long ago that they were putting E90s on that route. I could see the 319s ether disappearing or all going to Rouge BTW.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:00 am

I posted this on a.net as well but in case anyone wants to catch a ride on the first commercial domestic flights, looks like the first few flights are between YUL-YYC & YUL-YWG taking over some A319 flights. Of course it can change anytime especially with the MAX8 grounding and no surprise that this will show up on the random rapidair subs as well.

Effective February 1

AC396 - YUL - YYC
AC318 - YUL - YYC

Effective April 5

AC371 - YUL - YWG
AC373 - YUL - YWG
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by tracon
Keep in mind, the real first routes will likely be short hauls around central Canada.
When is AC set to take delivery of their first 220?

I seem to remember the MAX was unceremoniously deployed on YYC-YUL and a couple of other domestic routes not long after delivery and a number of training/certification flights. It makes sense that this aircraft would be introduced in a similar fashion before the launch of the 'inaugural routes'.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by marke190
When is AC set to take delivery of their first 220?

I seem to remember the MAX was unceremoniously deployed on YYC-YUL and a couple of other domestic routes not long after delivery and a number of training/certification flights. It makes sense that this aircraft would be introduced in a similar fashion before the launch of the 'inaugural routes'.
I believe December is the initial delivery schedule but I wouldn't be surprised if it arrives earlier than that.
marke190 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by elmerjrg
I posted this on a.net as well but in case anyone wants to catch a ride on the first commercial domestic flights, looks like the first few flights are between YUL-YYC & YUL-YWG taking over some A319 flights. Of course it can change anytime especially with the MAX8 grounding and no surprise that this will show up on the random rapidair subs as well.

Effective February 1

AC396 - YUL - YYC
AC318 - YUL - YYC

Effective April 5

AC371 - YUL - YWG
AC373 - YUL - YWG
Makes sense for the planes to make their first flight from YUL. That means they get a really really short delivery flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.