Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Invalid ticket - reso # and flight # invalid?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Invalid ticket - reso # and flight # invalid?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Invalid ticket - reso # and flight # invalid?

Anyone have this happen before?
I was unable to checkin online, and couldn't see my AP booking on the AC website. I call AC and was told the booking ref was invalid, gave ticket # which she found but said it was for a flight # that didn't exist AC2029 and the flight details on the ticket were matching AC2029! She checked that pax list and said I wasn't on it!

On hold now, but anyone ever have this happen / know who can make it right? I'm supposed to fly in 10hrs with a confirmed ticket for a flight that doesn't exist!

Also it's a confirmed J ticket, very busy / sold out route this time of year so not sure what will happen!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: AC 75K
A flight # that is 2xxx is a replacement for a cancelled flight. The only way you would have been put on AC2029 was because you were protected after your original flight was cancelled. What flight # did you originally book?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by syntxerr
Anyone have this happen before?
I was unable to checkin online, and couldn't see my AP booking on the AC website. I call AC and was told the booking ref was invalid, gave ticket # which she found but said it was for a flight # that didn't exist AC2029 and the flight details on the ticket were matching AC2029! She checked that pax list and said I wasn't on it!

On hold now, but anyone ever have this happen / know who can make it right? I'm supposed to fly in 10hrs with a confirmed ticket for a flight that doesn't exist!

Also it's a confirmed J ticket, very busy / sold out route this time of year so not sure what will happen!
AFAIK, AC2029 was a ferry flight FLL YYZ posted here in this forum last week. Perhaps the AP site got a hold of this by accident and offered it as a booking?

(what @ChrisA330 says above)
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:51 am
Original Poster

The original confirmation is for the 2029 flight - both AP and AC said they have never seen this happen before! They said they system should have auto re-booked me on 1629 but didn't for some reason. Since its peak season, the only flight they can get me on is a 4:30 out of MIA (vs 1030 from FLL). There was an AA flight in J they said was available and they were going to book me on, but her system wasn't letting her confirm it.

Im getting home, though need to miss an event I was supposed to attend later today and need to haul way futher then planned. AP rep advised me to lodge a complaint with AC (I wasn't even complaining to her) as she said something got really messed up and should have never happened!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When did you "buy" the original AP flight? Can you find your receipt or an emailed itinerary showing exactly what flight and schedule you originally purchased? You might have been on some other flight that was cancelled or experienced a schedule change and then somehow you were rebooked onto the nonexistent flight 2029. Or maybe you were on 1629 and it was badly overbooked (at least in J) so they attempted to move you (award ticket and apparently no status with AC or *A) and the result was the nonexistent 2029.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
@syntxerr

Did you make your booking on December 30, 2018, by chance?

AC 1629 - Dec 30 FLL-YYZ - Cancelled

(ignore the above as it was for something similar, but not exact)

Did you make your booking on December 29, 2018, by chance?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA2029
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Original AP reward ticket confirmed on Dec29 @ 1350 for travel on the 5th, then I got an itinerary change on the 30th (all details were the same between both sections on the change notice though)

Last edited by syntxerr; Jan 5, 2019 at 3:29 pm
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
@syntxerr

Did you make your booking on December 30, 2018, by chance?

AC 1629 - Dec 30 FLL-YYZ - Cancelled

(ignore the above as it was for something similar, but not exact)

Did you make your booking on December 29, 2018, by chance?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA2029
Originally Posted by syntxerr
Original AP reward ticket confirmed on Dec29 @ 1350 for travel on the 5th, then I got an itinerary change on the 30th (all details were the same between both sections on the change notice though)
Well, my question on when you booked wasn't a random date I picked!

Looks like 1629 was cancelled on the 29th and 30th... so unless this is a pure coincidence, I'd say this was the culprit that snuck into the Aeroplan site when you booked!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Interesting about 2XXX flights. There was a 2XXX flight on an airbus 320 from YEG-YYC yesterday at 1 PM which was not bookable but at a time that I could have made (lounge agent couldn't access it). Should have tried Aeroplan!

As it was I ended up sticking with my original flight 2.5 hours later as all the "earlier" non-premium cabin flights were delayed beyond my original business class flight.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Interesting about 2XXX flights. There was a 2XXX flight on an airbus 320 from YEG-YYC yesterday at 1 PM which was not bookable but at a time that I could have made (lounge agent couldn't access it). Should have tried Aeroplan!

As it was I ended up sticking with my original flight 2.5 hours later as all the "earlier" non-premium cabin flights were delayed beyond my original business class flight.
What is the flight number structure for Jetz?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Jetz uses 7xxx flight #s
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Don't know but a good question. Didn't think Jetz had Airbus 320s (only 319s)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.