Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Iceland's WOW air sells four A321ceo to Air Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iceland's WOW air sells four A321ceo to Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by 5mm
If AC flys this A321 as is, it wouldn’t be the first time they have flown a aircraft with different airline colours. Back in the day, AC shared L1011’s with Delta. Some of these were in Delta colours, but AC did change out the seats.
Actually they were shared (2 Fins) with Eastern. We had them in the Winter they had them in the Summer. They maintained the EA "tigertail" interior.
Delta did receive AC's 6 L-1011's (Fins 551-556).
YVR72, Bohemian1 and tecate55 like this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AC Elite50k, BAEC Blue, Amex Plat, RBC Black Tin Visa
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Actually they were shared (2 Fins) with Eastern. We had them in the Winter they had them in the Summer. They maintained the EA "tigertail" interior.
WOW indeed! You are a bottomless pit of information. What a resource you are.
tecate55 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:47 am
5mm
Suspended

noted on Eastern. I was in my mid teens when I flow these birds and couldn’t remember 100% on the US airline.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by TheOnlyWayTo Fly
WOW indeed! You are a bottomless pit of information. What a resource you are.
Too bad my short term memory isn't comparable. Can't remember where I parked 4 hours ago
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:03 am

Too bad my short term memory isn't comparable. Can't remember where I parked 4 hours ago
Join the club.....
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by 24left
4:52 PM - 21 Mar 2019

Ooooooh, twins.

Isn't it nice that other birds in the flock welcome the new "kid"

A great way to brighten up the drab YYZ

She does look pretty I guess until you step inside. Seatguru (I know, not the bible) describes them as having 30-31 x 17 seat dimensions... Calin must be delighted..). A transcon in one of these babies will make us begging for Y in the back of a 787! Unless of course AC has plans to ensure every seat (all 200 of them) has a 31" pitch...
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:12 am

4:52 PM - 21 Mar 2019
Depending on who you believe, it's both related AND non-related to the 737 MAX grounding

Air Canada said Tuesday that it will accelerate the in-take of Airbus A321 aircraft that it recently acquired from Wow Airlines, which announced the four-plane sale in December.

Source: CTV News
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Why do you insist on repeating this rubbish over and over? That doesn't make it any more true.
Because its the truth. They are high volume leisure heavy routes.. The people who travel to Florida are most likely more money'ed on average than those on YVR/YYC-YYZ. WestJet built a fabulous business recognizing that most travel was in fact leisure within Canada, and that the business traveler was either practically non-existent, or completely neutered by their employer in being able to buy business-appropriate fares. Business travel has collapsed over the past 20 years as a percentage of the demand base of the airline industry generally.

Those are the business capitals of Canada and those flights are stuffed with people on paid J fares and expensive Y fares (Flex/Comfort/Latitude). Even if there are 50 FOTSGs on Tango fares on a 146-seat 320, it's not a "leisure-heavy" route.
50? More like 100+. Hence the trends we've seen over the past 20 years, towards almost no premium seats, towards extreme density in Y, and towards de-bundling.

Back to the point I made, AC operates what, 15-20 daily YVR-YYZ. Substituting all-Y for a 4-6 flights isn't going to cause any problems for its customer base. J customers will have to spend an extra hour in the lounge. No big deal.
tecate55 likes this.

Last edited by pitz; Mar 22, 2019 at 1:20 pm
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by pitz
Because its the truth. They are high volume leisure heavy routes.. The people who travel to Florida are most likely more money'ed on average than those on YVR/YYC-YYZ. WestJet built a fabulous business recognizing that most travel was in fact leisure within Canada, and that the business traveler was either practically non-existent, or completely neutered by their employer in being able to buy business-appropriate fares. Business travel has collapsed over the past 20 years as a percentage of the demand base of the airline industry generally.

50? More like 100+. Hence the trends we've seen over the past 20 years, towards almost no premium seats, towards extreme density in Y, and towards de-bundling.

Back to the point I made, AC operates what, 15-20 daily YVR-YYZ. Substituting all-Y for a 4-6 flights isn't going to cause any problems for its customer base. J customers will have to spend an extra hour in the lounge. No big deal.
That sure doesn't jive with what I see out there.
marke190 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Oooooh, another one. Like someone put out bird feed and the all showed up

MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Oooooh, another one. Like someone put out bird feed and the all showed up
I thought one showed up every day. This one isn't a new AC plane, it's just the daily flight from Keflavik.
There was also one yesterday. And will be another tomorrow. And the next day. And so on...
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:44 pm
Suspended

Awesome news. Then someone else can delete the WOW bird.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:53 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pitz
Because its the truth. They are high volume leisure heavy routes.. The people who travel to Florida are most likely more money'ed on average than those on YVR/YYC-YYZ.
Where are you getting your info from? AC’s Florida routes are equal to their HI routes. Largely Leisure, booked far in advance, low fare. Pax may have a lot personal wealth, but they are not spending it on airline tickets. YVR-YYZ route is AC second most profitable business travel route. YYC-YYZ is AC’s fourth most profitable(Dom)business route. These routes are not considered leisure routes at all by AC.
SamuelS, YOWCDNFF and marke190 like this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Could AC buy/lease a couple more 321s?

Icelandair Backs Out Of WOW Air Deal (For The Second Time)

March 24 2019

https://onemileatatime.com/icelandair-wow-air-deal-off/

with link to

https://newsclient.omxgroup.com/cdsP...881012&lang=en

Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:25 am
Suspended

Eeeek. Anyone think AC can "buy" some of these aircraft?

QUOTE:

"...apparently one of WOW Air’s A321s, TF-PRO, was repossessed in Montreal last night, due to lack of payments. The airline has subsequently sent TF-DOG to Montreal to operate the flight. That plane is now there, but also hasn’t departed."

WOW Air Cancels Flights After Aircraft Repossession - March 25 2019

https://onemileatatime.com/wow-air-repossession/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.