Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines jumps for the fly three - one free promotion as well!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2003, 2:26 pm
msn
Original Poster

And then there was one - the pressure is on!

Fly Three, Get One Free

Fly three round trips or at least six flight* segments on Alaska Airlines or Horizon Air through September 30, 2003, and earn 20,000 Bonus Miles -- enough for a Free Coach Saver award anywhere we fly in the U.S. and Canada. Fly six round trips or a minimum of twelve segments and receive 40,000 Bonus Miles. Qualifying flights must be booked in F, Y, S, B, or M class fares. To take advantage of this promotion, simply register prior to your first qualifying flight at alaskaair.com. Additional restrictions apply.

*A unique flight number flown on one day defines a flight segment.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 5:12 pm

Qualifying flights must be booked in F, Y, S, B, or M class fares.

What does this mean in layperson terms? Are any of these classes likely to be the lowest fares? I could almost get converted to the mileage run concept if something like YVR-SEA, SEA-PDX, PDX-OAK (and then the reverse) resulted in a free trip to New York!
Old Jun 17, 2003, 5:18 pm
msn
Original Poster

I would think we need an expert here, but rumour has it some folks are doing a 10 segment run for under $500 USD, and going through - I think - SFO for double miles on top.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 5:26 pm

I'd be willing to do that! I don't have any preference for OAK over SFO - they're about the same to me, except that if I am taking a nonstop, YVR-SFO is the only possibility.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 5:39 pm
msn
Original Poster

Here's the thread I found on it:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum8/HTML/001475.html

Apparently, two people are even cheaper with a $50 companion certificate:

Bank of America

You might be able to get one in coupon connection? I saw some people give away those certificates.

If you do go fo this, consider also getting Comped to MVP or MVP Gold, which is like Elite and SuperElite, except with benefits.

If you are interested, please use my referal form. You and I both get miles, and from what I understand you get four upgrade certificates right away as well!

www.connetra.com/offers/CompForm.pdf

[This message has been edited by msn (edited 06-17-2003).]
Old Jun 17, 2003, 5:40 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">segment run</font>
and
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">nonstop</font>
Those terms are mutually exclusive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.