Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Cyber Monday Deal - 15% off

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Actually there were some really good deals including sub $2000 CAD RT YYC-EZE for February in front cabin (business).
Do you have any details on this deal? Gone now? Any sample dates? Thanks
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
It really should be by fare basis if you want more accuracy.
Agreed, but starting with any facts would be better than starting with none.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canopus27
Agreed, but starting with any facts would be better than starting with none.
Agreed.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Well, Boxing Day is coming soon. Perhaps those who have the energy can track prices starting now, on the routes they fly mosts and the fares they see (screen shots are your friend).

Then when AC decided to offer Boxing Day % off, we have a point of reference. Then again, they can decide it's only % off one fare and not all like Cyber Monday was.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Dec 2 2019

Well, here we are, a year later.

In case anyone wanders by this thread, AC's idea of "sales" has shifted from promo codes (of which they've had a few this year) to this type. As opposed to formats similar to the OP where there is a code and a lists of cabin and classes that are eligible for the discount, this is 2019.

AC must only need a few seats filled in Economy Basic and Standard as that is what the offer is. Plus, it's in the format that isn't any better than searching on the AC site.

Since I expected something for Cyber Monday, I checked fares for certain routes a few hours ago. They are exactly the same now.

Of course, there is the fine print when selecting one of these

https://www.aircanada.com/en-ca/worl...racdotcom|caen

MODS - feel free to move this post to a new thread or perhaps change the title of this one.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 11:39 pm
Suspended

How can they discount many routes for a day within short notice ? Do they file a temporary fare basis just for the promo ?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by 24left

In case anyone wanders by this thread, AC's idea of "sales" has shifted from promo codes (of which they've had a few this year) to this type. As opposed to formats similar to the OP where there is a code and a lists of cabin and classes that are eligible for the discount, this is 2019.

AC must only need a few seats filled in Economy Basic and Standard as that is what the offer is. Plus, it's in the format that isn't any better than searching on the AC site.

Since I expected something for Cyber Monday, I checked fares for certain routes a few hours ago. They are exactly the same now.

https://www.aircanada.com/en-ca/worl...racdotcom|caen
This is somewhat akin to how seat sales would have run before promo codes existed.

It looks like the discounts may not have "kicked in" yet. Clicking on most of the sample dates & city pairs results in fares higher than the advertised one. For instance, in the image above there's a $149 fare between YVR & YYZ on March 31st, but clicking through the banner on the sale page shows the lowest fare on that date is $256. The fare calendar displayed when selecting a date also seems to have lower fares than presently available.

Once (if) they get the intended fares loading correctly, there are some advantages to not requiring a promo code.
For instance, if you wanted to use a different promo code such as for a F&B voucher or group/conference booking code, it's now possible.
In addition, if you for some reason wanted to book on an OTA, you'd be able to do so as well.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:22 am

The fares today are higher than the fares last week with the Black Friday "sale"...
Old Dec 2, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
LOL ... awesome sale. I just booked a couple of east coast flights that were substantially less on WS than what AC was charging with its so-called 20% off sale. What a joke.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Originally Posted by hydrogen
The fares today are higher than the fares last week with the Black Friday "sale"...
I've found the same thing for a couple of the trips that I was considering, the fares jumped significantly higher this morning compared to yesterday.

Sorry AC, No Deal
musicmtl likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
The Flex fares are the same as I searched Sunday. The Standard fare may be lower. I only had reason to make the comparison because website repeatedly crashed and I gave up trying to buy it.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by 24left

This is the least exciting Cyber Monday "sale" on AC that I've seen.
flyquiet likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Symmetre
LOL ... awesome sale. I just booked a couple of east coast flights that were substantially less on WS than what AC was charging with its so-called 20% off sale. What a joke.
For the same date?

Maybe in the last week they sold some low bucket tickets on those routes.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RangerNS
For the same date?

Maybe in the last week they sold some low bucket tickets on those routes.

My tests were specific routes, a series of dates and fares both before midnight as well as after midnight when the Cyber Monday messages appeared on the website as per my post above. The promo offers discounts for Economy Basic and Standard fares. One one route I looked at that only had Standard as the lowest bucket, the prices were identical before and after. And this morning.

I'll let others call it what I would but you know, it's a family forum.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 10:46 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I had a GF-tracked trip that went up during the Black Friday sale, went down again yesterday and then back up again for the Cyber Monday sale. And that was a Flex fare which isn't even applicable for the sales. My only guess is that they tie all of this somehow to the actual base Econ fares.

For me, it's another example to beware of supposed 'Sales', especially the ones without explicit discount codes.
24left likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.