Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Domestic flight access to the international lounge at YYZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold

Hi I have booked a flight from YYZ to YUL. Does anyone know whether YYZ domestic side and international departure side are connected to each other? Can I go to the International departure lounge instead of the domestic departure lounge?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by tobiashenry
Hi I have booked a flight from YYZ to YUL. Does anyone know whether YYZ domestic side and international departure side are connected to each other? Can I go to the International departure lounge instead of the domestic departure lounge?
Unfortunately, the answer to both your questions is no.
pitz likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by tobiashenry
Does anyone know whether YYZ domestic side and international departure side are connected to each other?
They're in completely separate areas of the terminal. The Int'l Lounge is in the hammerhead, a long way from the domestic gates.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Academic
They're in completely separate areas of the terminal. The Int'l Lounge is in the hammerhead, a long way from the domestic gates.
With separate security from Domestic and Transborder. It is also considered "sterile" by CBSA, so if you got through there you'd need to clear customs to get to domestic.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
You need an International boarding pass to be able to get to the International area.
jc94 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Plumber
You need an International boarding pass to be able to get to the International area.
And to follow up we (most of us anyway I believe) strongly recommend not gaining access to MLL by use of fully refundable tickets that you cancel after using said lounge.

AC has been known to object to this.

Plus I wouldn’t want to clear customs after spending time hanging out in case of a long queue. Those machines are not 100% reliable.
Plumber likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:16 pm

You mean we cannot be Eric Wong (aka drunkcargo)?

Originally Posted by jc94

And to follow up we (most of us anyway I believe) strongly recommend not gaining access to MLL by use of fully refundable tickets that you cancel after using said lounge.

AC has been known to object to this.

Plus I wouldn’t want to clear customs after spending time hanging out in case of a long queue. Those machines are not 100% reliable.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
We refers to the people here who have made reference to ACs reaction to people doing this. Both seriously and less so.

My post, while made slightly tongue in cheek was none the less serious should someone read the chain and think about it as a viable option. Especially as the common sense approach could be to not post about it

I would also question the wisdom of holding two AC tickets for two flights departing the airport likely within a few hours of each other, especially when one is domestic and one international.

While I’m aware of a few situations where this could actually occur, there would normally be more than just two segments booked on say an EYW itinerary
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
We should let the trope die, at least when talking to FOTSGs.

(that one, however, can stay)
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Is the international MLL even that much better than domestic? It's not like YUL or YVR where there's better food and a bartender who can make cocktails.
PointWeasel likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:06 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Is the international MLL even that much better than domestic?
No, not really.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:24 pm

YYZ international tends to have a couple of more hot options available, but that may mean that Sunday night INTL is good, Thursday night or Friday DOM is bad, and that TB has horrible options on Sunday night.

My survey is hardly fair and random.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:57 am

The YYZ International Lounge is full of lesser-class people who were not allowed into the Signature Suite.

That is all.

(-;
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Originally Posted by The Lev
It is also considered "sterile" by CBSA, so if you got through there you'd need to clear customs to get to domestic.
Once I had to cancel an international reservation at YYZ after going through as I was rebooked on another airline to avoid a delay and I was on a B fare so my agent just cancelled the ticket and rebooked me. I just walked back to security and said I had to leave to go to Terminal 3 and they just let me out so I'm curious about that? I know for sure when you enter US Customs you can't return without seeing CSBA but is International the same?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by yowcat
Once I had to cancel an international reservation at YYZ after going through as I was rebooked on another airline to avoid a delay and I was on a B fare so my agent just cancelled the ticket and rebooked me. I just walked back to security and said I had to leave to go to Terminal 3 and they just let me out so I'm curious about that? I know for sure when you enter US Customs you can't return without seeing CSBA but is International the same?
Its not a fortress, but unless you walk upstream on the pier and get by the "helpers", the exit paths all go past customs agents.

Last edited by RangerNS; Nov 14, 2018 at 10:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.