Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Trying to confirm PE upgrade for December 7th LHR +> YUL AC 865

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K 1MM

Upgrades are full for business on the flight I need, so I am trying to upgrade to Premium Economy (Sorry no Thread about this). Ac.com says it is available but the upgrade tool will only waitlist me. I have called in and still no luck. I realize there has been much discussion about this issue for upgrades into Business, but what about into Premium Economy?? PE Upgrade is clearly available on AC.com in Latitude, yet not using the upgrade tool. Flight was booked using Latitude Flight Pass.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JO_YUL
Upgrades are full for business on the flight I need, so I am trying to upgrade to Premium Economy (Sorry no Thread about this). Ac.com says it is available but the upgrade tool will only waitlist me. I have called in and still no luck. I realize there has been much discussion about this issue for upgrades into Business, but what about into Premium Economy?? PE Upgrade is clearly available on AC.com in Latitude, yet not using the upgrade tool. Flight was booked using Latitude Flight Pass.

Thanks
Does not look like J is full though, only no upgrdes available; I would still request. As to upgrading to PY, it shows available only from latitude. Probably one of these situations where the upgrade system is wrong? Did you try phoning?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks
What @Stranger said.

Also, an available seat does not necessarily mean that it is upgradeable to.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:06 am
Original Poster

I have called in had a supervisor on the line. She kept saying that the PE Fare Bucket for upgrade was full.... yet on AC,com it shows available. Anyone know which fare bucket I should be requesting on the phone?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I have called in had a supervisor on the line. She kept saying that the PE Fare Bucket for upgrade was full.... yet on AC,com it shows available. Anyone know which fare bucket I should be requesting on the phone?
What is your original fare class and category/basis?

PE upgrades come out of N.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

IT's a European Latitude Flight Pass. Fare Type is: Latitude,Y
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
PE upgrades come out of N.
Are you sure?

I believe that was the case when PE was introduced, but I believe PE awards and upgrades come out of an unpublished fare class that has much less availability than N class.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Are you sure?

I believe that was the case when PE was introduced, but I believe PE awards and upgrades come out of an unpublished fare class that has much less availability than N class.
Yes. People just get confused because after the upgrade, it shows as N class.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Never head of an "Un Published" Fare Class. Does anyone know the code?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
My experience mirrors what is discussed above. Still wondering if anyone gets cleared to PE in advance.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Never head of an "Un Published" Fare Class. Does anyone know the code?
The code is not useful to you.

J IKK is "J"
Y IKK is "Y"

But it's not the same J/Y that you can see on EF, or that res agents can see. Only Aeroplan agents can see it, and you can get the same information by just asking for "priority rewards". Likewise, all you care about is whether there's upgrade availability to PY, which any res agent can tell you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.