Wiki Posts
Search

How Early Can I Check in @ YYZ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94
(When) Did they arrive at the destination? What status were you at the time?
It arrived as scheduled. I was SE, but I have no way of knowing if that played a role.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: TK *G
I have checked my bag multiple times at YVR more than 4 hours in advance, usually when I arrive from one of the TPAC flights arriving between 12pm to 4pm and depart on AC126/128 (156/162 back then) after 10pm. I haven't had any problem so far. I am usually in J or PY upgraded to J, with status anywhere between FOTSG to E50K.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Talking of how early can one check in; I couldn't find any information when does the check in at YYZ start. We have a 06:20 flight. When can we actually check in?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
Talking of how early can one check in; I couldn't find any information when does the check in at YYZ start. We have a 06:20 flight. When can we actually check in?
From the internet, 24 hours in advance.
From the kiosk in airport, 12 hours in advance.
From the airport counter, 4 hours in advance,though I have noticed a couple times that only the priority check-in is staffed (by only one agent) around 3am. But there should be lots of staff around after 5am. Transborder counters get busy even earlier.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by songsc
From the internet, 24 hours in advance.
From the kiosk in airport, 12 hours in advance.
From the airport counter, 4 hours in advance,though I have noticed a couple times that only the priority check-in is staffed (by only one agent) around 3am. But there should be lots of staff around after 5am. Transborder counters get busy even earlier.
Counters will check you in up to 12h early too. Just for me they’ve never accepted luggage at the 5-7h mark.

Officially, it’s 4h. But it sounds like some agents and some airports may make exceptions.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
My spouse is doing a quick round trip YYC to YUL tonight, returning tomorrow evening YUL->YYZ->YYC. It is a East-West Connector FP booking, with all segments eUpgraded.

Per our SOP, they checked in for the outbound flight last night at around T+23. We were quite surprised to see that the online check-in system did the a check-in for YYC->YUL tonight and also YUL->YYZ tomorrow evening, which is about T+46ish from when OLCI was started. Boarding passes for both segments were issued.

Does AC somehow think the booking is YYC->YUL->YYZ with a day long layover in YUL? Or is this just strange AC IT working its "magic"?
Old Oct 18, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by YYC traveler
My spouse is doing a quick round trip YYC to YUL tonight, returning tomorrow evening YUL->YYZ->YYC. It is a East-West Connector FP booking, with all segments eUpgraded.

Per our SOP, they checked in for the outbound flight last night at around T+23. We were quite surprised to see that the online check-in system did the a check-in for YYC->YUL tonight and also YUL->YYZ tomorrow evening, which is about T+46ish from when OLCI was started. Boarding passes for both segments were issued.

Does AC somehow think the booking is YYC->YUL->YYZ with a day long layover in YUL? Or is this just strange AC IT working its "magic"?
Most of my trips are out/back in well under 24 hrs from original departure. This early return linked check-in happens once in a while. Sometimes it gets confused and puts my first segment as one flight, my second segment and the first segment of the return as one flight, and plenty of other fun combos
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.