Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Early Can I Check in @ YYZ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

How Early Can I Check in @ YYZ?

I'm going to be flying AC Rogue next week from YYZ to MAN (Sun Sept 16 to be exact) and plan on arriving at YYZ between 5-6 PM. My flight is scheduled **knocks on wood** to depart at 10:45 PM. I'm guessing I'll be able to check my 2 bags in then, clear security and partake in a long lounge session at the INTL MLL?

Safe Travels,

James
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yes.

And it's rouge, not Rogue.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yes.

Air Canada will let you check in luggage more than four hours before the flight?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Yes.

For the fares they charge, in spite of promoting themselves as the low cost division of AC, Rogue seems quite apt to me
Dolphin2 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Air Canada will let you check in luggage more than four hours before the flight?
I'm not aware of any restrictions on early bag check as long as it is day of flight. The earlier you do it, the higher you chances of it getting misplaced or put on an earlier flight, but I wouldn't worry about the OPs timing.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: AC 75K
According to policy, you cannot check baggage more then 4 hours prior to departure.

Info here: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ing-times.html
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
I'm not aware of any restrictions on early bag check as long as it is day of flight. The earlier you do it, the higher you chances of it getting misplaced or put on an earlier flight, but I wouldn't worry about the OPs timing.
Well since there is no earlier YYZ-MAN flight I am sure they are fine.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:14 am

Officially, you can only check your bags 3 hours before the flight (4 hours for US & Canada). If the counter is open, you may have some luck but you'll most likely get turned away.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by amw3000
Officially, you can only check your bags 3 hours before the flight (4 hours for US & Canada). If the counter is open, you may have some luck but you'll most likely get turned away.
OP appears to be United Gold, so can use the dedicated Business Class check in counter at YYZ. I doubt they will turn him away there.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:28 am

Can tell from experience, the automated bag machines will reject the bag in its more than 4 hours prior. There is a Swiss Chalet to grab a drink to kill some time outside security, if you're close to the 4 hour mark, alternatively Samsonite will store your bag for you 7$ a bag, you can go into security then come out to retrieve later. This worked for me with Nexus to pass security efficiently.

I cannot comment on business class check-in counter as I didn't have this option.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
I’ve never been able to check a bag more than 4h in advance including at business class counter in Canada.

You can check in up to 12 hours before at the airport. But it’s 4h for dropping checked bags.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by jc94
I’ve never been able to check a bag more than 4h in advance including at business class counter in Canada.

You can check in up to 12 hours before at the airport. But it’s 4h for dropping checked bags.
Ok, did not realize that as have not tried checkin that early in Canada. I know they had no problem doing it at LHR.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by mapleg
Ok, did not realize that as have not tried checkin that early in Canada. I know they had no problem doing it at LHR.
I’ve done 8h in AKL That wasn’t AC of course. I’ve tried a few times at YHZ (when my friends been on the late flight and I’ve been out earlier), and I think once at YYZ. No joy.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've checked bags more than 4 hours before departure in YEG.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:36 pm

I've checked bags more than 4 hours before departure in YEG.
(When) Did they arrive at the destination? What status were you at the time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.