Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TANGO member services at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2003, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
New TANGO member services at YYZ

Since TANGO moves back to T2 at YYZ today [June 3rd], kiosks and MLLs can be used by appropriate Aeroplan elites. Since so many people complained these services were not available at T3, felt it was worth highlighting.
Old Jun 3, 2003, 9:38 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
Great! When you leave the MLL, remember to take some beverages and snacks with you or else you'll have to pay for them on board.
Old Jun 3, 2003, 9:45 am

Thanks for the reminder SH. I have only taken 1 Tango flight this year but good info for those who do so regularly.

definitely don't forget to bring a little extra from the lounge just in case
Old Jun 3, 2003, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cattle:
definitely don't forget to bring a little extra from the lounge just in case </font>
A little? Remember to leave a few cookies and some milk for others!

[This message has been edited by YOWkid (edited 06-03-2003).]
Old Jun 3, 2003, 6:10 pm

If you see a Z fare person make sure to leave them some upgrades for the next mainline flight.
Old Jun 3, 2003, 7:06 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cattle:
definitely don't forget to bring a little extra from the lounge just in case </font>
New game, can you spot the FT'r on your next flight? Of course you can - (s)he is eating smoked cashews, drinking Guinness from the can, sharing his lovely Chardonnay with seatmates and reading the latest Economist Magazine (with the AC sticker and cover of course). Not that I would evern do any of that... but I have heard it has been done.

Old Jun 3, 2003, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
Thanks for the reminder SH. I have only taken 1 Tango flight this year but good info for those who do so regularly.

definitely don't forget to bring a little extra from the lounge just in case
</font>
Will there be many more Tango flights anyway....?
Old Jun 3, 2003, 10:07 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LeSabre74:
Will there be many more Tango flights anyway....?</font>
Probably not. Given that the decision now seems to be that all domestic flying is going to be done more or less the Tango way it makes less sense to keep it around.

I'm not thoroughly convinced it's as dead as it seems though, remember that the original point of Tango was to a) compete on price with C3000 b) keep the competition bureau off their backs while they did it by i) legitimately cutting some costs and ii) playing shell games to shift/hide more costs. They may want to keep Tango around as a competitive tool against Canjet/JetsGo/WestJet and still stay off Conrad von Finkenstein's radar.

I'm not convinced that Tango was as much of a deception/failure as the popular opinion here holds. Every flight I've been on but one has been full and little costs more than flying an empty seat and there really are cost savings beyond the obvious ones (for example apparantly the Tango schedules always have crews home at the end of the day, no hotel stays etc. for overnighting). I don't doubt they lost money but less than most seem to think.
Old Jun 3, 2003, 10:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MapleLeaf:
Originally posted by cattle:
New game, can you spot the FT'r on your next flight? Of course you can - (s)he is eating smoked cashews, drinking Guinness from the can, sharing his lovely Chardonnay with seatmates and reading the latest Economist Magazine (with the AC sticker and cover of course). Not that I would evern do any of that... but I have heard it has been done.

Two lost and found in as many days; first Dogstar return from the FT addiction therapist and now the return of ML!

So much for the game of matching the new FTer to the old one. Welcome back ML.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 3:26 pm

So, how exactly do you get the Chardonnay out of the MLL and onto the plane? I have the cookies and cashews figured out but not the so-important liquid refreshments. Flying Tango with two non-status workmates YYZ-YUL late next week.
Do I bring a wineskin or two?! :-)
Old Jun 4, 2003, 3:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Hampton:
So, how exactly do you get the Chardonnay out of the MLL and onto the plane?....Do I bring a wineskin or two?! :-)</font>
No, you just bring 500ml water bottles and make sure to put them in your carry on before leaving the lounge Make sure they are Dasani bottles so no one can tell what colour is inside. You can drink the whole flight and no one will know.

It's amazing what you can remember from high school dances 15+ years ago. Who says teenagers can't learn?
Old Jun 4, 2003, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold

It's amazing what you can remember from high school dances 15+ years ago. Who says teenagers can't learn?
</font>
Im sure thats not all you learned at high school dances.

Old Jun 4, 2003, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by why fly:
Im sure thats not all you learned at high school dances. </font>
Hahaha! Don't want to know where your mind is!
Old Jun 4, 2003, 6:50 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tcook052:
Welcome back ML.</font>
Thank you tcook.

Cattle - was it your high school dances where you obtained your penchant for thongs as well?

Oh yeah, to get a bottle of Chardonnay or a can of guinness out of the MLL, just casually roll them in the Globe or Post, and slide them into your backpack. Of course this is what I heard, not like I would ever do something like that

Old Jun 4, 2003, 6:53 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MapleLeaf:
Cattle - was it your high school dances where you obtained your penchant for thongs as well?</font>
When you are 14 or 15 it sure beats having to wait for the Sears catelouge to arrive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.