Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

San Jose from YYC/YVR $59US ow on AS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2003, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

E-deals for anyone wanting a sample of AS service!

Vancouver BC San Jose $59
Calgary AB San Jose $59

I think these would both be via SEA.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Was interested, so logged on to e-specials at AS website and priced out a long weekend I have coming in July out of curiosity. It pulled USD 215.68 incl tax for 19-22 July YYC-SJC roundtrip.

Altaflyer, have you found these prices on any specific dates? Even with taxes the special should be approx USD 150.00 all in.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Out of interest, I did a look and got $188 r/t for YVR-SJC.

BTW, the $59 is OW based on RT.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
I refuse to fly on an airline that puts prayer cards in with their meals.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 1:57 pm

tcook052: YGM @ your AOL acct.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LeSabre74:
I refuse to fly on an airline that puts prayer cards in with their meals.</font>
Did I miss something?
Old Jun 4, 2003, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LeSabre74:
I refuse to fly on an airline that puts prayer cards in with their meals.</font>
Would you rather they distribute cards praising Allah?
Old Jun 4, 2003, 2:10 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YOWkid:
Did I miss something?</font>
AS puts little cards with psalms or bible passages or whatever on their in-flight meal trays. Not a big deal to me.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YOWkid:
Did I miss something?</font>
There is a psalm on a card on the meal tray. I guess you wouldn't really have this problem with any other airline on the west coast as they have no meals!!

Personally, I just ignore it and yes, it is a bit odd but it certainly won't make me stop flying them.

Fare is each way based on RT and all the extras are well extra.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YYZC2:
AS puts little cards with psalms or bible passages or whatever on their in-flight meal trays. Not a big deal to me.</font>
Really? That's interesting. I personally don't think it's a good idea to do that, but whatever.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyerAl:
Would you rather they distribute cards praising Allah? </font>
I'd rather they didn't put anything in there at all (except decent food). How would you feel if it was a passage from the Book of Mormon or something?

To me it it suggests that you need divine help when flying on Alaska. Not the kind of reassurance I'm looking for, especially in light of the news today of AS admitting their liability in the MD-83 crash off California a couple years back.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 2:29 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I'd rather they didn't put anything in there at all (except decent food). How would you feel if it was a passage from the Book of Mormon or something?

To me it it suggests that you need divine help when flying on Alaska. Not the kind of reassurance I'm looking for, especially in light of the news today of AS admitting their liability in the MD-83 crash off California a couple years back.
</font>
A little tolerance goes a long way in making the world a better place for everyone...I see things I disagree with all the time - so what?
Old Jun 4, 2003, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Really? That's interesting. I personally don't think it's a good idea to do that, but whatever.</font>
This sounds like a really bad idea, on many levels. It brings to mind their fatal MD80 accident a short time ago (with the jammed stabilizer). Are they "praying" it doesn't happen again?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyerAl:
Would you rather they distribute cards praising Allah? </font>
No, but would doing this instead really be much different?

Old Jun 4, 2003, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by After Burner:
This sounds like a really bad idea, on many levels. It brings to mind their fatal MD80 accident a short time ago (with the jammed stabilizer). Are they "praying" it doesn't happen again?
</font>
They used the prayer cards way before this incident and continue to do so after. FWIW, I understand that one pax on AS 261 (or was it 231?) led a prayer party. Obviously did no good.

Somewhere, there is a video from the U.S. N.T.S.B. showing the sequence of events leading to the flying stabiliser/elevator control failure.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Apparently you've never heard the phrase: "..on a wing and a prayer"? Of course, this is the same airline that gives away Northwestern wines and craft brews in coach too, so at least they're not pushing BOTH religion and temperance.

BTW, the thread head refers to "ow", so the fares would be twice this return. Just another example of deceptive price posting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.