Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New RCC lounge in Chicago, Terminal 2 - advantage for AC passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New RCC lounge in Chicago, Terminal 2 - advantage for AC passengers

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2003, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is a plain ordinary lounge. Nothing very special about it. I prefer to use the lounge in the B concourse even if I have to walk further.
Old May 25, 2003, 10:10 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Neither the link to the United forum nor the UAL link work for me. Am I new?
Old May 25, 2003, 10:23 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

The FT link was posted back in June so it's in the Archives section now.

As for the UA link, they probably moved it.
Old May 25, 2003, 10:54 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Wow, I certainly am new, or at the very least, dense. I just saw the 25 and assume that it was written today, not in June 2002

My bad.
Old May 26, 2003, 6:38 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyerGoldII:
I will be returning to Ottawa, from Chicago next week. As an AC Elite, I will have access to this lounge?

What do people think of this lounge, as other UA or AC lounges, go?
</font>
As an Elite (*Gold), you will have access to the lounge.

I was in this lounge back in September when it first opened. It is much smaller than the one near B6, perhaps 75% smaller, but it is much brighter with large windows overlooking the F gates area. The proximity to the AC gates make it a nice amenity when flying home from ORD. It does offer the same facilities as other RCC lounges, but be aware that RCC lounges have a cash bar, compared to the free liquor at the MLL's.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I just returned from Chicago, yesterday - taking the 5:45 PM flight.

The lounge was quite crowded - several people who came in, left the lounge after being unable to easily find seats.

For now, the bar was not offering alcoholic beverages.

PS-The RCC lounge agent wanted to see my picture i.d. - in addition to seeing my AC Elite card, and my AC boarding pass. Is this a new feature of all RCC lounges?
Old Jun 5, 2003, 3:40 am

Programs: AC*SE; AC 2MM; Marriott Platinum Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyerGoldII:

PS-The RCC lounge agent wanted to see my picture i.d. - in addition to seeing my AC Elite card, and my AC boarding pass. Is this a new feature of all RCC lounges?
</font>
Yes - it's a new policy but only enforced (in my experience) about 50% of the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.