Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC rewards on Delta Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2003, 10:11 am
Original Poster

AC rewards on Delta Hotel

I will be visting Vancouver and stay in Delta Hotel. The hotel told me they only partner with AC. To obtain the 500 bonus miles, I am thinking to open an AP account with AC. I do not fly AC that much and just wonder if it is worthy at all. Any thoughts?

A separate question, I really want to visit Victoria's garden when I am in Vancouver. Any idea how to get there and generally how long it will take to finish the tour? I have only a morning and early afternoon. Any suggestions are appreciated.

FlyerFan
Old Jun 4, 2003, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
No, not really worth it to have 500 AP miles sitting dormant in an account you may not use again.

And there is ferry service for the scenic route YVR-YYJ but you won't have time. Even flying between the two cities may not be realistic given the short amount of time you have available. And I'm assuming you mean the Butchart Gardens which are a little ways outside of YYJ.

http://www.butchartgardens.com/

I'd set aside more time the next visit to YVR.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 11:08 am
Original Poster

tcook052, thank you for the info.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 11:13 am

No problem, eh. Enjoy YVR while you're there.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flyerfan:
I will be visting Vancouver and stay in Delta Hotel. The hotel told me they only partner with AC. </font>
The hotel is mistaken. They partner with Alaska Airlines as well (maybe others?)

Old Jun 4, 2003, 2:30 pm

The www.deltahotels.com website only lists AC

http://www.deltahotels.com/about/partners.html

Yet this from the AS website also shows Delta Hotels as a partner:

http://www.alaskaair.com/mileageplan...ners_Hotel.asp

Old Jun 5, 2003, 3:23 am

There are two Delta Hotels downtown Vancouver. The Delta Suites and the newer Pinnacle. I've stayed at the Pinnacle and had a couple of problems. Not worth the premium price that they charge.

As for the Butchart gardens, you can fly Vancouver - Victoria harbour on West Coast Air or Harbour Air for about $100 each way. Both have hourly flights, more during peak hours. When you arrive in Victoria, you're about 2 blocks away from the bus terminal which offers both traditional public transit and Grey Line service to the gardens, each is hourly. I wouldn't call a $200 flight worthwhile to see the gardens but the flight itself is fairly scenic and an interesting experience if you've never been on a float plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.