Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by 24left
yessssssssss......I suppose I just like the headline
I guess they decided against using the headline “Aeroplan is Working to Offer their Stuff.”

Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Happy
He made it work. AC 014 ticket number, Last Name/First Name Mr works to pull up the record. Thank you very much for finding the link.
You must be very lucky.

I keep getting error messages:
"The current number of inquiries is high, it is recommended to check later!"

or

"Sorry, due to the increase in traffic, there will be no information or incomplete information. Please try again or try again later"

Last edited by pentiumvi; Sep 12, 2018 at 12:10 am
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
You must be very lucky.

I keep getting error messages:
"The current number of inquiries is high, it is recommended to check later!"

or

"Sorry, due to the increase in traffic, there will be no information or incomplete information. Please try again or try again later"

I dont know the details. The checking was done by the relative who lives in Toronto. He had trouble checking his lone PEK-HKG segment so I came here asking help.

The site provided by canadianhockey91 is the ONLY site that worked. Even this Amadeus Taiwan site gave him system error each time he checked.

Working - ??? - ???????? ????????????

Not working - Amadeus Itinerary Receipt (ITR) (it often gave system busy error, but it had worked for me not too long ago for any Amadeus PNRs).

According to the relative, when he tried the Air China PNR it did not work, gave him error messages like yours. However the AC 016 ticket number worked, with name combination as Last Name / First Name Mr, and Voila, it pulled up his details. He told me he would check his wife's. Since I have not heard back, I assume everything is OK on their tickets.

BTW, what panicked him was the comments made by the Air China North America CS who told him he had to "reconfirm" his tickets in PEK before they fly, so "not to lose their seats". He thought it was a Done Deal once tickets were issued. (they just started using Aeroplan awards now so a very rookie in the world of award travel.) When he told me that why did he need to reconfirm... I gave him some horror stories on CA and urged him to make sure his tickets are properly shown in CA system. Though I believe they should be fine due to 1) Coach seats, 2) Shuttle flights not high demand flight. So chances of someone would pay high price for their seats are near zero, but still....
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
TG/LX/SK are back in the search results. Haven't been able to confirm NH yet.

Edit: I was able to confirm NH. Hence the only remaining issue is with LO.

Last edited by YYT82; Sep 12, 2018 at 10:22 am
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:20 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by YYT82
TG has been intermittently in and out. Given that LX is back though, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it lasts.

Edit: I'm seeing North America to Asia NH, but not intra-asia NH.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite

Edit: I was able to confirm NH. Hence the only remaining issue is with LO.
Thanks! And thank you aeroplan as now the flights I wanted are gone. Wooooooo!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
Edit: I'm seeing North America to Asia NH, but not intra-asia NH.
I found some NH intr-asia flights.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
LX is back? I didn't see it come up in my search results this morning (they regularly still show up in my united.com searches, so I know they're there).

Do you have to call in to ask?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:53 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by dtman85
I found some NH intr-asia flights.
I've caught a few in Y now, but not the particular J flight I need. In theory the TG calendar should be opening for me in a few days though, so if it's still working I'll go for TG F.

Last edited by Beltway2A; Sep 12, 2018 at 10:59 am
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by heraclitus
LX is back? I didn't see it come up in my search results this morning (they regularly still show up in my united.com searches, so I know they're there).

Do you have to call in to ask?
They’ve just literally come back. I was searching earlier relating to another thread, and once I saw the post here I searched again. Sure enough the LX were showing.
heraclitus likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by ChrisA330

They’ve just literally come back. I was searching earlier relating to another thread, and once I saw the post here I searched again. Sure enough the LX were showing.
Yes! LX is there!

Unfortunately I cannot find a return flight across the Atlantic on a low-YQ carrier next summer for love or money. No LX, SK, SN, UA, nothing. Not even a sign of SK/SN/UA for TATL.

So I'm glad that LX is back but there are still too many other pieces missing to book right now, unfortunately.
unclepants likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by heraclitus
Yes! LX is there!

Unfortunately I cannot find a return flight across the Atlantic on a low-YQ carrier next summer for love or money. No LX, SK, SN, UA, nothing. Not even a sign of SK/SN/UA for TATL.

So I'm glad that LX is back but there are still too many other pieces missing to book right now, unfortunately.
Depending on your origin/destination (which determines your MPM), you can try ET DUB-LAX, AI LHR-EWR or TK. You could also book SQ FRA-JFK in Y for now and wait for J space to open up on other YQ-free carriers then pay a change fee to grab them.
heraclitus likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
"Working" is maybe a bit of a relative statement.

Try 06JUL. YUL-FCO will pull up YUL-ZRH-FCO on LX. But try YUL-ZRH and the direct doesn't come up ... but YUL-ORD-ZRH does. Try ORD-ZRH? Nothing comes up! Argh!
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
"Working" is maybe a bit of a relative statement.

Try 06JUL. YUL-FCO will pull up YUL-ZRH-FCO on LX. But try YUL-ZRH and the direct doesn't come up ... but YUL-ORD-ZRH does. Try ORD-ZRH? Nothing comes up! Argh!
It's working for sure. You just had the pleasure of running into the married segment logic which LX applies to even award bookings.
ffsim likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club

It's working for sure. You just had the pleasure of running into the married segment logic which LX applies to even award bookings.
Oh. Is that new? I haven’t run into this before and i’ve flown a ton of LX awards. Will Aeroplan break it or do i need to get my jedi mind tricks out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.