Wiki Posts
Search

Ottawa Airport & US Immigration

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2002, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Location: Vienna, VA - VS Silver, Hilton Gold, Amex Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Ottawa Airport & US Immigration

Does anyone know if US Immigration and Customs has a checkpoint at Ottawa airport? I have heard that other aiports do but was unsure about this one. Can anyone eleaborate on this for me? THanks!!
Old Aug 5, 2002, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Yes, preclearance facilities on site YOW. More info found at: www.ottawakiosk.com/airport.html

enjoy you visit to Canada!
Old Aug 5, 2002, 11:41 pm

YYZ, YUL, YOW, YEG, YYC, YWG and YVR are the pre-clearance stations in Canada.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 9:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I went to Chicago from Ottawa on AC the past week.

Of interest, the old US customs cards (as well as the new ones) were available in Ottawa - the AC agent stated that the US preclearance agents in Ottawa still accept the old, as well as the new, ones - but in Toronto they only accept the new ones. I wonder which other airports do they accept the old ones.

On another topic, the US preclearance area has a checked baggage explosives scanner. The agents often also manually look at the luggage. If one is going to Ottawa and transiting in a US airport, would the TSA agents open and look in your bags?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.