Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

11.75" soft sided Sherpa dog carrier under the seat. Will this be permitted?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:09 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.

Our daughter is coming to see us traveling with Air Canada and would like to bring her small dog. He fits the weight guidelines but will need to be in a Sherpa carrier that's 11.75" tall. The AC guidelines say 10.5". Does anyone have experience as to whether this guideline is strictly enforced?

The dog can stand in it (just), and can turn around and lie down. He comfy in it but the soft sided carrier is technically taller than the guidelines permit.

The flights would be on an Airbus A321 (according to Expert Flyer).

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: AC 75K
From my experience AC is quite strict on requirements for Pets on the aircraft.

It's a case of YMMV, but don't count on it. They also determine if the animal can stand up in their carrier, so it you get a shorter carrier, you may be denied based on the ability of the pet to fit in the carrier.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:26 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Ok thanks. It sounds too risky to just turn up with the slightly larger case so we will look at other options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.