Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Canadian pole vaulter blames Air Canada for busted poles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian pole vaulter blames Air Canada for busted poles

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Aren't the handlers professionals?
Ha - that's a good one. You had me for a second there, and...oh wait...that's a legit question..?

Sadly, my experience shows that there are a lot of um, non-professionals working underneath airplane wings. The levels of care for company or customer property and regard for personal safety are subject to frequent lapses.
Old May 26, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
Sadly, my experience shows that there are a lot of um, non-professionals working underneath airplane wings. The levels of care for company or customer property and regard for personal safety are subject to frequent lapses.
I second that.From the other side of a glass wall, I watched a baggage handler in Italy try to balance my bicycle (in a soft travel case - hard cases are more protective, but create other travel challenges) on a baggage cart, thinking this can't end well. Sure enough, he starts to move the cart, off falls my bike. That bike is now permanently in my basement on a trainer, now that it has a small crack in the top tube. So, professionals? I'm sure some of them are. Just not all of them.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I am confused. If you travel with a checked item and the airline accepts the item, why is it unreasonable to expect that item will arrive, with you, intact, at your destination? So what if it is difficult to handle? Aren't the handlers professionals?
It's not a matter of expectations, but contingencies.

I obviously expect my bag will arrive on time and intact, but that doesn't mean I check the bag with my passport.
tcook052 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.