Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Lower Requalification Level - Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Super Elite 100K, Mariott Ambassador Elite,

Only made 50k Last Year, haven't selected benefits yet.

This year will be going for 75k or 100k

If I chose the select benefit that is described as lowering the miles needed to requalify to 45,000 AQM, will that be active on the higher levels as well.

For example if I fly 70,000 Miles will I be able to qualify for 75k? Will if take the 5k miles needed off what ever status I am closest to? or it only works to requalify for 50k?

"Choose this Select Privilege and requalify for 2019 Altitude Elite 50K status with only 45,000 AQM or 45 AQS."
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:10 am

Negative.

You could try appealing towards the end of year, fly the miles, or use as an opportunity to earn into a better *A program while still having *G.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
The answer is in the question....

You would 'requalify' for E50K and the lower level would apply (ie 45,000).

You cannot 'requalify' for E75k nor SE100K as these are new levels and you would only 'qualify'.

Since the benefit is a 'requalification' benefit, it does not apply to new levels.
ffsim likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.