Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Help: Spending 150,000 Areroplan Points with Baby

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat

Hi everyone,

I have about 105K AP points and my partner has about 50K. We want to book a trip either this summer or next summer somewhere in North America with our two year old.

This summer before August our baby will be less than two. Next summer she will require her own seat. We are ok with PE if flight is less than 5 hours.

We want to go somewhere that has really good food, ideally has some toddler friendly sights and activities. We don’t want to fly connecting or no more than 1 connection each way.

My partner can top up his AP account if needed with Amex.

We are based in YYZ, and have ruled out New York, Boston, or anywhere northeast (been too many times). Ideally we want to go somewhere that has a nice beach.

Ideas? We tend to AirBnB for stays with a toddler.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:45 am

Anywhere with a beach.
That's all kids care about.

YXY in J would be good value.
Watch your kid throw rocks into a lake or bang sticks in the trees.

PEI is also good. Not good value for points redemtion though.
At the moment, J is cheaper than comfort YYZ-YYG.
I can recommend kid friendly Airbnb's at both places.

Vancouver Island.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: AC SE
FLL, MIA, PBI, TPA, MCO, SFO, SAN, LAX, HNL, NAS, the list goes on and on. All non-stop from YYZ.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Bermuda.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
NAS or MIA. Stay at the GH Baha Mar in NAS, or the The Confidente Hotel by Hyatt in MIA. Plenty of beaches, amazing food and places to just zone out. Also keep in mind the traveling with child under 2 years old in lap seat is free (25/100$ fee on aeroplan rewards) rule. As long as trip is complete before 2nd birthday.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tracon
Anywhere with a beach.
That's all kids care about.

YXY in J would be good value.
Watch your kid throw rocks into a lake or bang sticks in the trees.

PEI is also good. Not good value for points redemtion though.
At the moment, J is cheaper than comfort YYZ-YYG.
I can recommend kid friendly Airbnb's at both places.

Vancouver Island.
This. Just compare availability with expected ambient temperatures. Bingo.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
This. Just compare availability with expected ambient temperatures. Bingo.
We want to go south, where it’s sunny and almost hot so that pretty much rules entire Canada out. Sorry should made that clear.

​​​​​​
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by luvFclass
NAS or MIA. Stay at the GH Baha Mar in NAS, or the The Confidente Hotel by Hyatt in MIA. Plenty of beaches, amazing food and places to just zone out. Also keep in mind the traveling with child under 2 years old in lap seat is free (25/100$ fee on aeroplan rewards) rule. As long as trip is complete before 2nd birthday.
Bahamas!!! That’s a great recommendation. We will definitely look into it.

Miami- somehow doesn’t strike me as kid friendly, and the traffic is a bit too chaotic for my liking. Been there three times.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes

Bahamas!!! That’s a great recommendation. We will definitely look into it.

Miami- somehow doesn’t strike me as kid friendly, and the traffic is a bit too chaotic for my liking. Been there three times.
The Florida Keys are nice, but I would wonder about too hot and muggy, especially transitioning thru MIA etc in summer.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: Hilton Hhonours Gold,
I just have an exactly same scenario. We did Honolulu, HI. 45k for one account (in this case my wife) 90k for my account (Me and our 2 year old boy) Spent a week there and we loved it. We have way more points in amex but we figure 2 year old would not enjoy his own business seat and we are correct, as we can all sit together in a row and he sleep between us. We even stop over at LAX for a few days since aeroplan allow stop overs, as we never been there. Our flight is YOW-LAX-HNL, HNL-ORD-YOW You do not need to take the ORD flight if you don't want to but my boy survived the 8 hrs flight. (play, eat for 2 hr and sleep for 5 hr after, as it is an evening flight, they wake u up 1 hr before landing) For YYZ, there is a direct flight to LAX, or YVR, or SFO or ORD which all have connecting flight to HNL, if you are in to direct flight, there is 2 direct flight from YYZ weekly, but we figure it is too long of a flight (9hr+ flight time) 3 seats for economy is not too hard to find, You will have a lot of options. Scam charge only ~100 bucks or so per person, so it is not that bad. Not to mention it is one of the better use of economy class aeroplan ticket.

Hawaii has all the things Florida has and more (Unless u want Disney which I think 2 year old won't enjoy it, but u can still go Disneyland if you feels like it in this itinerary), we did a lot of beaches, some hiking, museum and a few farm tour etc. Kid love it and can't wait to go back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.