Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana (OZ) Award Space Missing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by luvFclass
Hard Product:
CA - F (777) PEK - FRA and OZ - F (A380) JFK/LAX - ICN and ICN <> FRA , OZ is better on these flights IMO.Closed cabinet doors on OZ vs CA. Quite enjoyed the guided tour of the entire plane late at night with the FA following (bodyguard) me the whole time. With CA, it was such a late departure of 2:20am from PEK , that I did not really get the full F experience due to extreme fatigue.

Soft Product:
Highly subjective and to each their own tastes, but I found the OZ Korean and Western food options to be better than the CA Chinese choices.

Service:
OZ - F: FA service was quite quick, but in a passive way. At times I was unable to find an attendant during non meal times, but overall their communicable English was better than CA's. Bibimbap is my favourite dish on board either airline. My perception is they try, but will never be mistaken for NH or LH F.
CA -F: FA service was good and the FA was very attentive during the 3am light meal service on this overnight flight. Sadly that was the highlights, as the food was borderline inedible for a FC *A airline. Late night Dim sum tasted like it came out of a microwave. So bad indeed, that I just ate fruits, dessert and congee for breakfast on the pre-arrival meal. Though I will give the nod to CA for interactive service as they are more available if you need anything in flight. Plus they genuinely try to communicate with you if they feel something is wrong.

Lounges:
JFK/ LAX: UA FCL at TBIT and LX SEN Lounge in JFK is much better than ANY CA - F lounge in PEK. Especially at 22:00h - 2:00h, where the food options are worse than a PP lounge in North America.
LAX: access to the UA - FCL private dining in TBIT. In JFK the LX SEN lounge is passable, but the food is truly continental for breakfast, and lunch consists of cold cuts and salads, but no hot options when I was there. On the flip side, there is a SHAKE Shack in the terminal. Yummz.

Overall:
OZ - F all day. As long as they can get over the financial issues they are dealing with.
Does CA have a real F lounge? I accessed their "First Class Lounge" on a J ticket in T3E IIRC. I was very FOTSG and couldn't find the "Business class lounge", and so just walked in the other and I beeped OK.

I think they might be just putting both together? Maybe that's why it was underwhelming .
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Does CA have a real F lounge? I accessed their "First Class Lounge" on a J ticket in T3E IIRC. I was very FOTSG and couldn't find the "Business class lounge", and so just walked in the other and I beeped OK.

I think they might be just putting both together? Maybe that's why it was underwhelming .
No they dont - their First lounge is/was the Star Gold lounge. They are near each other in PEK. First is to the left on the escalator, business is to the right.
Identical catering and facilities
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by Flyinglisa
I spoke too soon...

Asiana award space has gone AWOL again
I found some yesterday afternoon on google.awards for August ex-LAX as I am looking as well to burn AE points for another quick hop into ICN for July/August if I can. So there is hope to keep looking my friend.

LFC
Flyinglisa likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 7:13 am

Seems like there is finally award space available for 2020!
Old May 3, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Originally Posted by hangingaround
Seems like there is finally award space available for 2020!
Awesome thanks for the heads up. I was waiting for my expert flyer alerts to trigger but they haven't yet. I checked and the 2020 flight I was waiting for is available.
luvFclass likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:00 am

Just a heads up for anyone who was saving Aeroplan miles for Asiana First Class it appears that as of Sept 1st, Asiana have zeroed out F completely. I guess we wait and see what the plan is long term.

https://onemileatatime.com/asiana-ai...g-first-class/
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:24 am

No OZ space available after July 10.
Lack of availability after that date has been frozen for about a week now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.