Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which lounge(s) to use?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffsim

That’s absolutely correct — I misread your post and thought you were still asking about the E lounge. I suggested the E lounge during your layover and I guess that’s what I was fixated on

If you want to go landside and deal with the hassle of going through security for your flight to VIE, by all means, check out the arrivals lounge. It’s generally not very busy and has an abundance of showers with a solid breakfast spread.

BTW how long is “lots of time” in ZRH? When flying in from YUL, I often have outbound flights around noon and always head to the arrivals lounge then into town for those connections. There’s a convenient left luggage area of the Zurich airport train station and it’s just a 15-20 minute ride into town.
Thanks for the info. There is a mobility issue this time and most likely will stick to the airport. Besides we had 2 days last year in Zurich in the summer time, great time. My departure is around noon.
ffsim likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:51 am
Original Poster

An update:
Used Calgary MLL, disapointed,
MLL at YUL was great (int.).
The return Itinerary has changed and now we are traveling in the next week as follows:
Transit MUC in the morning
Departing ARN at 11.00.
Departing OSL AT 9.00.
Transit FRA at noon.
Transit YUL to YYC in late afternoon. Which one can I use domestic or international.
I have never used the lounges at the first 3 airports. How do I find them?
Are Priority Pass lounges a better choice than A* lounges at any of the above?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
An update:
The return Itinerary has changed and now we are traveling in the next week as follows:
Departing ARN at 11.00.
Departing OSL AT 9.00.
Transit FRA at noon.
Transit YUL to YYC in late afternoon. Which one can I use domestic or international.
Lounges - Star Alliance
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
There's a great app called "LoungeBuddy" which might help you decide which lounge to use... it'll also help you identify which lounges you have access to based on your itinerary, cabin and status. I don't know about ARN and OSL, but generally I find the Priority Pass lounges to be a step below "real" airline lounges.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
An update:
Departing ARN at 11.00.
Departing OSL AT 9.00.
Transit FRA at noon.
When I visited MUC, ARN, and OSL the first time, I had no clue where the lounges were. I simply followed the signs!
I didn't even think to look at any of the lounge websites that the others above have noted.
This is from a *G perspective and/or flying in C. I have never been into any PPLs, if any.

Your thoughts on the YYC MLL and the YUL International MLL seem to be what most experience. YYC MLL really depends on time of day with the spread. YUL International MLL is one of the rare MLLs that I have yet to see a negative review/opinion on.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:45 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by ffsim
There's a great app called "LoungeBuddy" which might help you decide which lounge to use... it'll also help you identify which lounges you have access to based on your itinerary, cabin and status. I don't know about ARN and OSL, but generally I find the Priority Pass lounges to be a step below "real" airline lounges.
Yeah, Lounge Buddy is quite useful. Some of their reviews are a little stale, but generally it's through. For example, it helped me chose between and EVA versus Silver Kris lounge when I was in TPE a couple of weeks ago.
ffsim likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.