Wiki Posts
Search

High winds in Boston

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
High winds in Boston

Supposed to fly out of Boston tomorrow on the 10:40 flight to YUL. I am worried about the winds - they are saying gusts to 50mph, though I am not sure when that wold be. How quickly does AC cancel flights due to high wind conditions? i know Delta has a weather advisory up already.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Cloudship
Supposed to fly out of Boston tomorrow on the 10:40 flight to YUL. I am worried about the winds - they are saying gusts to 50mph, though I am not sure when that wold be. How quickly does AC cancel flights due to high wind conditions? i know Delta has a weather advisory up already.
@Cloudship

AC Travel Alerts are posted on their website, along with instructions

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...l-outlook.html

Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Platinum, Nexus/GE
Your flight is cancelled. I was flying from DCA to YUL today and they were bringing back the crew for tomorrow DCA to YOW flight as it will be cancelled. The captain was saying the forecast was calling for gust of winds up to 50 knots. It will be a mess for the entire east coast.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Yeah. They have me rebooked for sunday, which is useless as I have to return Monday and will miss everythig anyhow. Am on hold with them now. What are they saying about the winds in Montreal?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Whole east coast is f'd up.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: AC SE-MM, Hyatt plat, Hilton Gold, Starwood/Marriott Platinum Pref Lifetime.
Ive been cancelled as well. I see that all flights YYZ and YUL to BOS are cancelled for Friday. I need to be there Friday night or very early Saturday morning and its not looking good. Ive left it in the hands of AC concierge to look at for tonight, tired of being on hold for 40 min.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

I don't even have status on AC, just used them for this trip. Not impressed so far.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by SE Flash
Ive been cancelled as well. I see that all flights YYZ and YUL to BOS are cancelled for Friday. I need to be there Friday night or very early Saturday morning and its not looking good. Ive left it in the hands of AC concierge to look at for tonight, tired of being on hold for 40 min.
Honestly might just need to book a rental at this point
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
I don't even have status on AC, just used them for this trip. Not impressed so far.
What is it that you’re not impressed about? There are high winds, and Air Canada has rebooked you on the next available flight.

How else do do you expect Air Canada to resolve this in your favour?
RangerNS, wrp96 and furballs like this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Trying to route through Ottawa on Saturday.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca

What is it that you’re not impressed about? There are high winds, and Air Canada has rebooked you on the next available flight.

How else do do you expect Air Canada to resolve this in your favour?
30 hours later? If you cancel a days worth of flights then at least increase capacity as soon as it is over.Other than that your not out for serving your customers. Dont make an effort for me, I am not going to make an effort for you. There ae other airlines.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:47 pm

30 hours later? If you cancel a days worth of flights then at least increase capacity as soon as it is over.Other than that your not out for serving your customers. Dont make an effort for me, I am not going to make an effort for you. There ae other airlines.
Where do you suppose those extra planes will come from? Do you expect them to pull the planes from other routes? What about the passengers that were supposed to be on the flights that have been cancelled so AC has extra planes to operate more BOS flights?

Even if there are spare planes available... does AC have enough ground staff at BOS to handle the additional flights? What about FAs and pilots, who are now out of place due to the cancelled flights?

I’m not trying to be an AC apologist, but weather and delays and cancellations happen. Especially in the winter. You must be living in a fantasyland if you think another airline would have put on extra sections in a similar situation.

Be proactive. Look for other routings if you need to get there earlier. Don’t leave it to AC.
furballs likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Se Flash - not the best option, but I was able to get there through Ottawa, doesn't get in until 12:51 though.

Talked to the reservations desk at the hotel, I guess they are getting slammed with cancellations. This is going to hurt.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:58 pm

Se Flash - not the best option, but I was able to get there through Ottawa, doesn't get in until 12:51 though.

Talked to the reservations desk at the hotel, I guess they are getting slammed with cancellations. This is going to hurt.
Don’t get your hopes up too high about getting into Boston this weekend... looks like high winds will persist into Saturday. DL and UA have advisories for Mar 2 and Mar 3 for most of the airports in the northeast...
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:19 am
Original Poster

By Saturday morning they will be down to manageable levels. Im going the other way, btw.

They supposedly rebooked me Saturday morning through Ottawa, but it is not showing up when I log in, so I am on the phone with them again.

Update: Turns out she never rebooked it, so now they can't do anything. no way to talk to a supervisor or customer service.

Last edited by Cloudship; Mar 2, 2018 at 6:02 am Reason: Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.