FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High winds in Boston
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:47 pm
Jebby_ca

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by Cloudship
30 hours later? If you cancel a days worth of flights then at least increase capacity as soon as it is over.Other than that your not out for serving your customers. Dont make an effort for me, I am not going to make an effort for you. There ae other airlines.
Where do you suppose those extra planes will come from? Do you expect them to pull the planes from other routes? What about the passengers that were supposed to be on the flights that have been cancelled so AC has extra planes to operate more BOS flights?

Even if there are spare planes available... does AC have enough ground staff at BOS to handle the additional flights? What about FAs and pilots, who are now out of place due to the cancelled flights?

I’m not trying to be an AC apologist, but weather and delays and cancellations happen. Especially in the winter. You must be living in a fantasyland if you think another airline would have put on extra sections in a similar situation.

Be proactive. Look for other routings if you need to get there earlier. Don’t leave it to AC.