Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2018 v7

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Enjoying the EYW7 report from @canadiancow

Hoping yesterday’s disaster won’t put you in trouble for 11th place.
Old May 26, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94
Same here. I live vicariously through the trip log. Nothing semi-epic about THAT itinerary, even if slightly reduced from the original.
Just wish I could find a way to get to 76,851 wings and stay ahead just ...a...little..bit...longer.
Off to the UK for 12 days starting Wednesday. Happy flying all!
jc94 likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Originally Posted by jc94
Originally Posted by chriscol1
Same here. I live vicariously through the trip log.
Me three.
I'm pretty much done my EYW flying, happy with my little bag of bonus points, so these reports are keeping me feeling "in the game". (And who doesn't enjoy hearing about snow in May? )
Old May 27, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Saw someone just now on AC 8591 YYC-YEG, who was turning right back to YYC on another flight. They had SE tags, figure they must also be doing EYW :P
Old May 27, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC SE100K (*G), WJ G, DL, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by philelite
Saw someone just now on AC 8591 YYC-YEG, who was turning right back to YYC on another flight. They had SE tags, figure they must also be doing EYW :P
You in YEG for a while Phil? I’m coming in at 19:53 from YXE with a quick turn to 255 to YVR. I’ve never met a fellow EYWer!
Old May 27, 2018, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by padraigincanada

You in YEG for a while Phil? I’m coming in at 19:53 from YXE with a quick turn to 255 to YVR. I’ve never met a fellow EYWer!
Unfortunately I'm already gone on 243 to YVR.
Old May 27, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K (*G), WJ G, DL, HH Gold, Marriott Silver

Unfortunately I'm already gone on 243 to YVR.
;-) figured that might be the case! Safe travels
Old May 27, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
That was me! C'mon Phil, we've met, you should've said hi

Although in this case ... omg, thank the lord for the concierge.

8591 (YYC-YEG) was about 15 mins delayed, and we pulled up right beside the YEG-YYC flight (8149), but it was already boarding. I really doubted that I'd be able to run back inside and get my BP scanned before the flight departed ... but luckily Alice the concierge had noticed that I had a super tight connection, and she whisked me onto the flight with seconds to spare. I love the concierge

I'm in YYC now, heading to YVR (and they YYJ, and then back to YVR) this evening .... @philelite will you still be there?
Old May 27, 2018, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27
That was me! C'mon Phil, we've met, you should've said hi

Although in this case ... omg, thank the lord for the concierge.

8591 (YYC-YEG) was about 15 mins delayed, and we pulled up right beside the YEG-YYC flight (8149), but it was already boarding. I really doubted that I'd be able to run back inside and get my BP scanned before the flight departed ... but luckily Alice the concierge had noticed that I had a super tight connection, and she whisked me onto the flight with seconds to spare. I love the concierge

I'm in YYC now, heading to YVR (and they YYJ, and then back to YVR) this evening .... @philelite will you still be there?
Oh shoot, didn't realize it was you! I only saw as the Concerige was whisking you away. I'm just boarding a flight YVR-YCD-YVR. When do you get back to YVR?
Old May 27, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Oh shoot, didn't realize it was you! I only saw as the Concerige was whisking you away. I'm just boarding a flight YVR-YCD-YVR. When do you get back to YVR?
Ha, too funny, you might have been on the same flights as my son (who did YVR/YCD/YVR, and who has now connected with me on 8077 as we do a YVR/YYJ/YVR turn).
Old May 28, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: Fully downgraded ACMMer
Me four.

The lurker on the evil bus in YYZ...
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
I'm waiting for flights from 19-May to post. Is anyone else 10 days behind? (Didn't they say wings would post faster this time?)
--
13F
Old May 29, 2018, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
I'm waiting for flights from 19-May to post. Is anyone else 10 days behind? (Didn't they say wings would post faster this time?)
No, seems like something might be wrong with your flights. I know flights from May-24 have posted.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
No, seems like something might be wrong with your flights. I know flights from May-24 have posted.
Thanks. I've sent in a message to EYW.
--
13F
Old May 29, 2018, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I just noticed that the following was posted last week on the "Refresh and Recharge" badge

The eligible booking period may have passed, but you can still earn Wings with the Refresh and Recharge Badge. Until June 29, 2018, earn 50 Wings in Canada and the United States and 150 Wings at international destinations when you check into any Maple Leaf Lounge. Don’t forget to check in with your Aeroplan card to collect!

To ensure you receive this Badge, make sure your boarding pass with your Aeroplan number on the booking is scanned upon entering the Maple Leaf Lounge. Unscanned boarding passes unfortunately won’t be counted – but it’s the last thing you need to worry about before getting some well-earned relaxation before your flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.