Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Bad experience with Air Canada and concierge: seat not kept during connection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad experience with Air Canada and concierge: seat not kept during connection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2018, 5:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Plumber
My guess is that it was impossible to help as I believe the OPs seat may have been given away.
When my seat's been given away (twice in 2017 actually), they went on and downgraded someone.

In one of those cases, I had cleared standby onto the flight, so it's hard to even argue it was "my seat" in this first place (though definitely more mine than the person whom they downgraded).

But I was there before T-15 in both cases.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That's they key part for you....If you arrive after that time, they have every right to give your seat to someone else.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
When my seat's been given away (twice in 2017 actually), they went on and downgraded someone.

In one of those cases, I had cleared standby onto the flight, so it's hard to even argue it was "my seat" in this first place (though definitely more mine than the person whom they downgraded).

Just be sure not to board though right
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94

Just be sure not to board though right
Huh?

I couldn't board because they'd offloaded me and given away my seat
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:36 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yep. They've helped me in several similar cases.
I try to handle everything on my own, however, often concierges (and occasionally, other AC staff) take notice and assist unexpectedly after they notice my tags. I'm always grateful for their assistance, especially when it is proactive and unsolicited like that.
How dare you lie about those tags! You're just a DYKWIA; they clearly serve no purpose.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
And sometimes it works very well. Today, I flew YUL YYZ PHX. The flight out of YUL was delayed. When I landed in YYZ, as I was taxiing in, I received a call from the Concierge. She asked me if I had a NEXUS card and confirmed that I did not check any bags. She then told me that she had notified the gate and that they were watching for me. I also received a notification, on my AC app, that I was confirmed on another flight. I got to the gate, the GA welcomed me and said that she was expecting me. I boarded my original flight, and I am on the wifi, on my way to PHX.

The experience went very smoothly for me today.
Plumber likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
on my way to PHX.
Sympathies.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by yyznomad
(bolding mine)I remember one time last year I was running along one of the people movers in YYZ Domestic to board a flight that was about to close and they had already announced my name three times - I ran past several AC employees along the way. As I ran past a concierge (not knowing right away they were a concierge), the concierge spoke out loud to me "Sir - which flight are you on?", so I slowed down and shouted back "XYZ" (I now forget which flight) - she then asked me to stop and she radioed to the gate to leave the door open for me. We then jogged together to the gate, while engaging in small talk. She said she saw my SE luggage tags which prompted her actions to assist, even though I didn't ask for help. Yes, this was a 20-something concierge who can run with this old-fart SE.
Now that is a "good news" story, thanx for telling us.....
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:38 am

Reminder

Legal connections simply mean that if nothing else fails, it's a go, but the airline will assume responsibility to find you an alternative if something does fail. The usual caveat that times are not guaranteed applies, thus it would behoove an experienced flyer to be as proactive as possible and participate: Understand what risks for delay exist for a given season, time-of-day, etc. Allow more time if available. Know your best alternate routing or flight. And understand the consequences of failing to do any of these.

Last edited by californiadreamin'; Feb 25, 2018 at 8:39 am Reason: Error in title

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.