Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toiletry bag stolen

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by lcohen999
achems razor
Well played.
lcohen999 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
It's been awhile since I last checked luggage going to/from US, but there was a time when I did and each time my bag was searched, there was a printed message on a piece of paper inside my luggage indicating that my luggage had been searched by TSA. Is this no longer the case?

Yep, total FOTSG.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by kenlor
This happens to me on average 1 in 4 times I fly Canada-USA-Canada. Two other times in the past two years, I have retrieved my luggage and found my lock in place, but open/unlocked. I suspect the TSA pops the lock, checks the case, then returns the lock but doesn't lock it (they probably aren't spinning the tumblers after locking it, so it pops open again with the first jolt). It has gotten to the point where I always pack 2-3 extra locks in my checked bag, so I can replace the missing ones mid-trip if needed. It adds a bit of extra weight, but in a checked bag it's worth it to me.
I’ve taken to keeping surplus of them too given YYZs dismal selection. SFO remains the only place where my blue grey one was replaced by a gold one with the same combination. I mean maybe they just happened to set the same one, the odds are what, 1 in 10000?

Originally Posted by yyznomad
It's been awhile since I last checked luggage going to/from US, but there was a time when I did and each time my bag was searched, there was a printed message on a piece of paper inside my luggage indicating that my luggage had been searched by TSA. Is this no longer the case?

Yep, total FOTSG.
While I fly even less than our resident FOTSG... I’ve not seen this paper in maybe 2 years.
kenlor likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
I’ve successfully claimed from TSA on two ocassions. I was tempted to frame the refund cheque from US Treasury Dept. All my issues were flying AC out of HNL..
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Bartolo
I’ve successfully claimed from TSA on two ocassions. I was tempted to frame the refund cheque from US Treasury Dept. All my issues were flying AC out of HNL..
How does one do this?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by jc94

How does one do this?
Online via the TSA website. There’s a form to fill out. Supposed to be able to complete online but that’s never worked for me. I downloaded and completed it. They encourage fax submission rather than snail mail due to security. I replaced what was missing and sent a copy oif the bill along with a photo of my bag. They pay in USD. There’s also a # to call for info. They were actually quite decent when I was tracking a claim last year.
jc94 and kenlor like this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
achems razor
Well played.
Shame about the spelling, though!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor
canadiancow and longtimeflyin like this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:42 pm

achems razor
That is awesome.
You win the internet.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:52 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jc94
While I fly even less than our resident FOTSG... I’ve not seen this paper in maybe 2 years.
I've definitely had them several times within the past year, typically when coming back from Colombia. Think there may have been one in the bag on the way back from SKB a couple of weeks ago as well, but I'm not 100% sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.