Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Upgraded flight delay, possibility to change flight while keeping the upgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgraded flight delay, possibility to change flight while keeping the upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Thank you all for your help!

So here's what happened.
First Agent said I could change for free and gives me the inventory count, I decided to call back later and decide then.
Second agent insisted upon charging me change fee plus fare difference, I had to direct him to go through the weather alert and he finally admitted I was right.... sometimes its things like this I really doubt how much training these guys get... if I didnt stood my ground I prob would miss the class.

Despite AC releasing the alart for Jan 3 at YYZ, I still needed R space to switch, if all I needed was J I would have taken the AC33 the night before.....

In the end I switched to AC103 and looks like its omelette again.. sigh.................
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack

So here's what happened.
First Agent said I could change for free, I decided to call back later and decide then.
Second agent insisted upon charging me change fee plus fare difference, I had to direct him to go through the weather alert and he finally admitted I was right.

Despite AC releasing the alart for Jan 3 at YYZ, I still needed R space, if all I needed was J I would have taken the AC33 the night before.....

In the end I switched to AC103 and looks like its omelette again.. sigh.................
That's not right. You don't NEED R space. It's any J1 flight. Is the rebooking tool online not working?

Sorry. I forgot. As per yyznomad, everything requires R space when calling AC lmao
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
That's not right. You don't NEED R space. It's any J1 flight. Is the rebooking tool online not working?
Given the dumpster fire known as AC IT... I didnt want to risk losing my upgrade. If agent shet the bed I atleast have some1 to blame....
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

So here's what happened.
First Agent said I could change for free and gives me the inventory count, I decided to call back later and decide then.
Second agent insisted upon charging me change fee plus fare difference, I had to direct him to go through the weather alert and he finally admitted I was right.... sometimes its things like this I really doubt how much training these guys get... if I didnt stood my ground I prob would miss the class.

Despite AC releasing the alart for Jan 3 at YYZ, I still needed R space to switch, if all I needed was J I would have taken the AC33 the night before.....

SparseFlyer is correct.

you do not need R. I've done this sort of thing several times and just needed J1.

the bloody call centre agents are so bloody fixated on R.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad

SparseFlyer is correct.
Wait... so I could have taken the AC33 the night before? Sigh.......
God dammit AC
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

K now I am actually triggered. I didnt spent 30 mins waiting on the E50K line, only to be fed with BS yet again.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:05 pm

God dammit AC
Just call back and re do it.

Dont say "lolz free flat bed bro no R doit yolo plz kkthx".

Just explain you have some schedule issues and need that specific flight.

If the agent says no, just ask them if it's possible to review their "Anticipated Flight Cancellation" policy to confirm that R space can be rebooked up to J.

You have to walk them through it like when doing Latitude eUp.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:07 pm

K now I am actually triggered. I didnt spent 30 mins waiting on the E50K line, only to be fed with BS yet again.
Don't be triggered. Have to play the game.

In the end, the policy shouldn't be used to do this kind of change. It's really to help passengers rebook so they dont get ....ed by weather and not to get lie flat bed.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Just call back and re do it.

Dont say "lolz free flat bed bro no R doit yolo plz kkthx".

Just explain you have some schedule issues and need that specific flight.

If the agent says no, just ask them if it's possible to review their "Anticipated Flight Cancellation" policy to confirm that R space can be rebooked up to J.

You have to walk them through it like when doing Latitude eUp.
Also, @Jumper Jack, my advice is not to send the AC call center agent a meme of your thoughts. Their jobs are already tough enough as it is.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Its fine, I will just stick with what I have now
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:23 pm
Suspended

Beach digit...
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:23 pm

If you have a bit of time , you better call in and ask.
See if an all-or-nothing change is possible.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MaxFlying
Beach digit...
LOL! Totally.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
God dammit AC
How so? I presume due to the weather alert this is possible but if not a SDC means just that. Same day.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Looks like I bamboozled myself again. Delayed to 9:30 Departure.
It would be funny if they delay it by another hour and AC107 departed on time lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.