FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Forum Lounge Thread (2018) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1885419-forum-lounge-thread-2018-a.html)

yyznomad Mar 29, 2018 10:21 pm

Leafs clinch playoff berth, passive mode!

Thanks to the lowly Sens. :) woot woot
Bruins leapfrog over TB for 1st in East.

I think I'd rather play against TB than BOS, but memory of 12/13 still haunts...

canadiancow Mar 30, 2018 12:19 am

I was at a bar with MIL / GS on TV, and my first thought was "hey it's United's boarding process".

pewpew Mar 30, 2018 12:41 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 29583025)
MIL / GS.

my eyes immediately went to that part, and I tried to figure out whose initials those were, so I seem to have fallen prey to the same first impression as you

canadiancow Mar 30, 2018 12:52 am

Originally Posted by pewpew (Post 29583051)
my eyes immediately went to that part, and I tried to figure out whose initials those were, so I seem to have fallen prey to the same first impression as you

To be fair, there was basketball on the screen, and "Golden State" is quite local to me.

But I literally didn't know MIL until I Googled it halfway through writing this post.

pewpew Mar 30, 2018 7:38 am

Lounge access is probably the main reason I love elite status. Today is Good Friday, so the airport is full of people -- so full that people are sitting on the floor. Meanwhile, the lounge is empty :cool:

In retrospect, the way to go would've been to find someone traveling alone to my destination and then guest them in eh

Yhztraveller Mar 30, 2018 8:08 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 29582856)
Thanks to the lowly Sens. :) woot woot
Bruins leapfrog over TB for 1st in East.

I think I'd rather play against TB than BOS, but memory of 12/13 still haunts...

Would love to see Tor vs TB in the first round. Its fun to sell my Lightning seasons tickets to desperate ML fans who can fly to TB and buy my tickets for less money than going to a game at the ACC....

meagicano Mar 30, 2018 8:31 am

Originally Posted by pewpew (Post 29583869)
Lounge access is probably the main reason I love elite status. Today is Good Friday, so the airport is full of people -- so full that people are sitting on the floor. Meanwhile, the lounge is empty :cool:

In retrospect, the way to go would've been to find someone traveling alone to my destination and then guest them in eh

I did this to a guy in the military at YUL a few weeks ago when AC's IT systems went down. I asked if he wanted to come to the lounge, he said yes - and then asked me what it was. We had been chatting at the gate, so I figured he'd enjoy the experience. I was in the navy for a few years so I could tell right away he was military.

I usually travel alone so I might as well use that E50K benefit once in a while.

RangerNS Mar 30, 2018 9:25 am

I'm 99% sure my Mexican loaner phone is getting collections calls from Brazil. They must churn the numbers like crazy, because a couple of weeks ago, calling the AC concierge on it, they found an account. No mine, of course, but something was linked to the number.

Which one of you owes money in Brazil and gave them a MX throw away SIM number?

Yhztraveller Mar 30, 2018 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS (Post 29584285)
I'm 99% sure my Mexican loaner phone is getting collections calls from Brazil. They must churn the numbers like crazy, because a couple of weeks ago, calling the AC concierge on it, they found an account. No mine, of course, but something was linked to the number.

Which one of you owes money in Brazil and gave them a MX throw away SIM number?

Sorry, that could be one of my ex-spy clients. He got in trouble with his agency for running up huge gambling debts betting on Brazilian beach volleyball! When one of his bookies threatened to give him a "brazilian" if he didn't pay up, he bolted. He is now living in PEI trying to start up his own beach volleyball league.....

meagicano Mar 30, 2018 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller (Post 29584883)
He is now living in PEI trying to start up his own beach volleyball league.....

I actually think PEI would be one of the worst places to try and hide out. Wayyyy too into each other’s business.

eigenvector Mar 30, 2018 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by meagicano (Post 29586128)

I actually think PEI would be one of the worst places to try and hide out. Wayyyy too into each other’s business.

My first experience of PEI was traveling there for a business trip and finding out that the car rental agent at YYG and the front desk clerk at the hotel knew all of my local coworkers.

RangerNS Mar 31, 2018 1:12 am

Originally Posted by eigenvector (Post 29586251)
My first experience of PEI was traveling there for a business trip and finding out that the car rental agent at YYG and the front desk clerk at the hotel knew all of my local coworkers.

TBF, you did at that point also know 70% of the island population.

yyznomad Mar 31, 2018 8:21 am

Originally Posted by eigenvector (Post 29586251)

At least the car rental agent wasn't also the hotel front desk clerk.

Jumper Jack Mar 31, 2018 4:18 pm

RIP

RangerNS Mar 31, 2018 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack (Post 29588431)

Is it election season somewhere?