Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing by one segment due to re-route

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

Hi All,

Sorry if this is covered in history - don't come here often and didn't see much in the search.

I had a flight booked that was a connector which would have got me to my qualification for 50K in 2018, but the first flight was cancelled. Various rebooking and a day later I'm on a direct which will leave me 1 segment short.

Anyone know if an appeal here would help? I don't have time to get a quick flight in and honestly not sure the 35k-50k is worth it just for the upgrade in my case.

Thanks,

Pete
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: AC E35K
I'd send a nice email to the altitude folks explaining your situation. They're human after all and can be quite understanding.

When I was flying short haul segments for my last job, all I wanted was 35k for the early boarding, and everything else was bonus window dressing. I know it sucks if you can't get over the hump, but at least you got that sweet sweet priority boarding.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Happened to me last year. I was given the following email address. They made me whole.

[email protected]
tcook052 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Hi Guys,

Just an update by I pinged AC customer service and they promised I'd be good for 50k next year. Nice of them!

Pete
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
Originally Posted by petvan
Just an update by I pinged AC customer service and they promised I'd be good for 50k next year. Nice of them!
Good to hear and happy flying. And thanks for coming back to update the thread; not everyone does but makes a world of difference to know how things like this end up.
flyquiet, tcook052 and jc94 like this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:36 pm

Same boat.

Originally Posted by petvan
Hi Guys,

Pete
Glad to hear this worked out for you. I'm in the exact same boat due to re routing on Dec 25th. Would you mind sharing through which channel you went though? Would it be the altitude revision email/AC/or Aeroplan customer service?

Appreciate the help.

​​​​​​​KN
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by LeKN7

Glad to hear this worked out for you. I'm in the exact same boat due to re routing on Dec 25th. Would you mind sharing through which channel you went though? Would it be the altitude revision email/AC/or Aeroplan customer service?

Appreciate the help.

KN
Altitude Twitter can often handle unusual requests
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.