Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Altitude 2018 Benefits Selection Available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Altitude 2018 Benefits Selection Available

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
My bonus eUps posted as well; I guess there is a dlink router somewhere with a 10GB buffer that just started to drain.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
When did they get rid of the SE benefit of 1 free change for reward bookings? I never needed it in the past, but could sure use it now.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by j_the_p
When did they get rid of the SE benefit of 1 free change for reward bookings? I never needed it in the past, but could sure use it now.
You are more than three years late. It's the same time they waived YQ for SEs for AE redemptions.
j_the_p likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by j_the_p
I asked the same question a few weeks ago. The answer:

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Glad I wasn't imagining that. Got curious and decided to do some Googling. Turns out it didn't last long:

Announced with the launch of Altitude in 2013.

Removed the next year for the 2015 benefit year.

Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Question 100% Altitude Bonus with Air Canada and select airline partners

Apologies if this has already been answered and I missed it ...

Does anyone know where I can find the definition of "eligible flights" for the SE100K benefit 100% Altitude Bonus with Air Canada and select airline partners reward option.
I am wondering if this reward options requires you to book in a special class such as Latitude, etc ... or does it follow standard terms where most booking (Tango, Flex, Latitude, etc) get your some amount of points while bookings like those made using Aeroplan reward Points do not count.

Thanks!

100% Altitude Bonus with Air Canada and select airline partners
Choose this Select Privilege and earn 100% Bonus Aeroplan Miles on eligible flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Canada Rouge, Copa Airlines and United. Also earn a 25% bonus on eligible flights operated by Austrian, brussels airlines, Lufthansa and Swiss.

This bonus applies to Aeroplan Miles earned for distance flown between January 1 and December 31, 2018. Note that if you qualify for a higher status with Early Recognition, the bonus applies as of when your status is confirmed by email. Bonus Aeroplan Miles are not Altitude Qualifying Miles and do not count towards reaching Altitude status.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by GlobeTrotter_JR
Apologies if this has already been answered and I missed it ...

Does anyone know where I can find the definition of "eligible flights" for the SE100K benefit 100% Altitude Bonus with Air Canada and select airline partners reward option.
I am wondering if this reward options requires you to book in a special class such as Latitude, etc ... or does it follow standard terms where most booking (Tango, Flex, Latitude, etc) get your some amount of points while bookings like those made using Aeroplan reward Points do not count.

Thanks!
Any REVENUE(Non-reward) fare class you just mentioned works, keep in mind they have to be on the AC and "select airline" 's metal though
GlobeTrotter_JR likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
This year's SE100K email wasn't signed by Ben Smith though...
Haha I noticed that too
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: AC Elite 75k
Originally Posted by DNAwizard
Same here as well. All is good.
I got mine too!
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Quick somewhat OT question: How much can I trust AC IT? I just tried to select my benefits and give 50k to my SO. I get a message that my SO already has 50k status valid until February 2019 (which comes as a surprise - she is way past the required AQD but not close at all with AQM and only somewhat close with AQS). Can I trust that IT got it right and she really has status till Feb and thus make another selection or should I wait and check again in early 2018?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by totti
Quick somewhat OT question: How much can I trust AC IT? I just tried to select my benefits and give 50k to my SO. I get a message that my SO already has 50k status valid until February 2019 (which comes as a surprise - she is way past the required AQD but not close at all with AQM and only somewhat close with AQS). Can I trust that IT got it right and she really has status till Feb and thus make another selection or should I wait and check again in early 2018?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:46 pm

Sorry for the stupid question but how? We logged into her dashboard yesterday but could not find any info on how long her status is valid. It says 50k for 2017 which is correct and we can see her AQ information but based on this information the message I get when selecting my privileges is wrong.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:53 pm
alc
Original Poster

Sorry for the stupid question but how? We logged into her dashboard yesterday but could not find any info on how long her status is valid. It says 50k for 2017 which is correct and we can see her AQ information but based on this information the message I get when selecting my privileges is wrong.
The message is about the current 50K status. The gifted status will reflect immediately, like early status recognition. So, you do need to wait until March 1st to enter her AP number and grant her back to E50K.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by alc
The message is about the current 50K status. The gifted status will reflect immediately, like early status recognition. So, you do need to wait until March 1st to enter her AP number and grant her back to E50K.
Thank you for your quick reply. This is what I thought. I find it strange though that I get the following message:
Originally Posted by AC dashboard
Your friend has already reached 2018 Air Canada Altitude status, valid through February 28, 2019. You can award 2018 Altitude status to this member beginning March 2, 2018.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
... This year's SE100K email wasn't signed by Ben Smith though...
I noticed that as well. Not a big thing but I nonetheless felt a little bit less special
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:05 pm
alc
Original Poster

Thank you for your quick reply. This is what I thought. I find it strange though that I get the following message:
My guess is an overlook on AC IT on this, but you never know

Is your wife AQM/AQS/AQD are close to E50K that they might comp it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.