Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Altitude 2018 Benefits Selection Available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Altitude 2018 Benefits Selection Available

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E35K
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
1) that is what FTer's have been told when they asked AC recently.
Would the same apply for E35K and the 35% bonus miles? I figure if I'm fortunate to get my 2 YYZ-YVR trips' eupgrade requests clear in June, then I'd take the 10 extra credits then, and otherwise since the rest of my travel for the year will be on short haul or narrow bodies, choose the bonus miles. If the bonus miles are not retroactive, I might bite the bullet now and take the bonus miles.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by capebretonboy
Made E50K again this year. Selected my privileges back in early January. I have YET to receive my Altitude package in the mail. Any idea why the delay or when to expect it? Are they planning a bulk mail out to folks soon??
I'm in the same boat, though I'm not particularly concerned. Unless they feel up stepping me up to SE it virtually does nothing for me!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:39 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by therightway86
Would the same apply for E35K and the 35% bonus miles? I figure if I'm fortunate to get my 2 YYZ-YVR trips' eupgrade requests clear in June, then I'd take the 10 extra credits then, and otherwise since the rest of my travel for the year will be on short haul or narrow bodies, choose the bonus miles. If the bonus miles are not retroactive, I might bite the bullet now and take the bonus miles.
From AC.com (bolding mine):

"Choose this Select Privilege and earn Bonus Aeroplan Miles as designated on eligible flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Canada Rouge, Copa Airlines and United. Also earn a bonus on eligible flights operated by Austrian, brussels airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS . This bonus applies to Aeroplan Miles earned for distance flown between January 1 and December 31, 2018. Note that if you qualify for a higher status with Early Recognition, the bonus applies as of when your status is confirmed by email. Bonus Aeroplan Miles are not Altitude Qualifying Miles and do not count towards reaching Altitude status."

Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Bonvoy E Gold
Thumbs down eUps useless (?)

Is it just me or has AC devalued the Eups to the point that they are almost useless? With E50K status you get 40, but a one way ticket from Canada to Asia on a reasonable fare uses 26, with a huge add-on fee. In fact, almost all flights have a huge add-on fee. You don't even have enough points to upgrade on the way back. Even if you use them only in Canada, you would only get 4 upgrades per year. Someone tell me if I'm missing something, but of my 2 choices, the 50% bonus is looking more valuable. I remember I used to upgrade from Victoria to Bangkok for a nice round number of points and no surcharge.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rujbkk
Is it just me or has AC devalued the Eups to the point that they are almost useless? With E50K status you get 40, but a one way ticket from Canada to Asia on a reasonable fare uses 26, with a huge add-on fee. In fact, almost all flights have a huge add-on fee. You don't even have enough points to upgrade on the way back. Even if you use them only in Canada, you would only get 4 upgrades per year. Someone tell me if I'm missing something, but of my 2 choices, the 50% bonus is looking more valuable. I remember I used to upgrade from Victoria to Bangkok for a nice round number of points and no surcharge.
No, you get 4 upgrades per year on transcons in low/mid Flex.

When I flew transcon Flex, it was a higher fare class, requiring only 4 credits. So 40 credits would last me 10 transcons.
Latitude requires 2 credits each way.

Or on shorter routes, you also need fewer credits.

AC has made it very clear that if you buy low fares, you shouldn't expect to sit in J all the time.
Jumper Jack likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Quick P25K Question

on the altitude site, priority check in is listed as a benefit of P25K. However, at different airports, the signage leading to the priority section or lines often stops at E35K. I think YVR and YYZ are like that, but YYC had an additional line and specifically listed P25K on their signage. Can all of them be used?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
YYZ (and probably YVR?) have a separate priority check-in area for premium economy, P25K, and credit cards. You don't get *G/J check-in there, but it's still priority.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
If I remember correctly for YYC, (AC Domestic only though) -- there is two lines; one for SE100k and the other line for E25, E50, E75 and business class. At YYZ, there is one line for E25-E75 in the main area; a separate area contains the lines for SE100k and business class + E75.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
on the altitude site, priority check in is listed as a benefit of P25K. However, at different airports, the signage leading to the priority section or lines often stops at E35K. I think YVR and YYZ are like that, but YYC had an additional line and specifically listed P25K on their signage. Can all of them be used?
You may be thinking of priority security which is an E35k plus benefit only. As far as I’m aware, at YYZ the generic priority line is P25k/E35k/PY.

The seperate area is J/SE maybe *G etc...
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by jc94

You may be thinking of priority security which is an E35k plus benefit only. As far as I’m aware, at YYZ the generic priority line is P25k/E35k/PY.

The seperate area is J/SE maybe *G etc...

At YVR checkin (seen most recently, don't exactly recall YYZ) its just the signage that I found confusing. Specifically did not list P25 on the signage. This is to check-in at the altitude area, where SE100k have their own especially special line =)
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: AC75 MM
Choosing benefits >Nov 1st (and <Nov 15th)
For the record. I chose on Nov 1st and received eups that will expire in Feb 2020. Within a few days AP gave me the bonus AP miles that I'd also selected as a benefit, on all flights taken to date for 2018.

So if your circumstances make this advantageous, the strategy of waiting until Nov 1st is sound. Just don't forget!
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Good to know!

Originally Posted by tomvancouver
For the record. I chose on Nov 1st and received eups that will expire in Feb 2020. Within a few days AP gave me the bonus AP miles that I'd also selected as a benefit, on all flights taken to date for 2018.

So if your circumstances make this advantageous, the strategy of waiting until Nov 1st is sound. Just don't forget!
Thanks for this. Good to know!
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by tomvancouver

Am I mathing this correctly that you were without any eUp credits from March-November? I guess not if you do this every year but there had to be a year in there where that was the case, right?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Am I mathing this correctly that you were without any eUp credits from March-November? I guess not if you do this every year but there had to be a year in there where that was the case, right?
IIRC, everyone gets the base amount automatically starting this benefit year (?) Still not much, but not nothing. But I could be wrong.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
It's not that uncommon. My coworker (E75K) forgot to select privileges at the beginning of the year and was just going with the 20 base + any threshold upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.