Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Help in finding 128 miles in all these trips? 75k goal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help in finding 128 miles in all these trips? 75k goal

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:43 am
alc

Originally Posted by jc94
Assume the Op has required AQD. That $10k for E75k
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Op, what is your current AQD? Do you have enough to qualify?
From OP info, OP has $11.7K AQD right now, so that is over the required $9K AQD for E75K

OP - Welcome to FT, as others mentioned, there isn't anything you can do for flights that you already taken But based on past experience from myself and others, you will most likely granted for E75K. Off course, this is no guarantee. Good Luck.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
YVR-YYJ on a Flex fare earns 250 minimum AQM for Altitude members which would be sufficient for the OP's purposes.
- wondered... does this definitely hold true for Tango?

Edit - it does not. Fly Flex or even a return leaves you 2 miles short.

Earn a minimum of 250 miles for eligible fares on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Canada Rouge and Star Alliance member airlines, regardless of distance traveled. This will reflect the accrual factor of your purchased fare (for instance, a fare which earns 25% of miles flown on a flight segment less than 250 miles will earn 63 miles).
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I have a feeling this is a post-and-dash newbie poster, or OP is simply lurking now and afraid to answer anyone (or is just trolling).
Seat13F_AC_CRJ and flyquiet like this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I have a feeling this is a post-and-dash newbie poster, or OP is simply lurking now and afraid to answer anyone (or is just trolling).
Not the first time we've seen this. First time posters should be automatically subscribed to the thread so that even if they don`t want to come back for the advice, they will be subjected to the critiques of their post via the automatic email follow-ups.
--
13F
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada
Thanks for all the ideas all. I'll see what I can do but it definitely won't be taking AC up on their email offer of paying $1k to upgrade to E75. Thanks!

P.S. Not everybody has the time to check this board every hour or day. The level of criticism by a few on this board is not exactly "inviting" although others are more than helpful and welcoming
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jazzvancouver
Thanks for all the ideas all. I'll see what I can do but it definitely won't be taking AC up on their email offer of paying $1k to upgrade to E75. Thanks!

P.S. Not everybody has the time to check this board every hour or day. The level of criticism by a few on this board is not exactly "inviting" although others are more than helpful and welcoming
Welcome to flyertalk.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
From your altitude.aircanda.com dashboard, you should also check your AQD to ensure you've reached the required amount ($9000), see Reaching Altitude Status in 2018. If you are just missing 128 AQM to reach E75K then I'd look at doing a mileage run for the required AQM rather than leaving it to chance.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)

Some of us are cynical and jaded I wouldn’t pay $1k either, but I would consider one of the cheaper mileage run options if I have need of the additional benefits.

Welcome to FT, thanks for returning
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: AC*E35 and decreasing
The level of criticism by a few on this board is not exactly "inviting" although others are more than helpful and welcoming
That's a very accurate description of the way things work here.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:39 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Don't mind the critics, most of us don't bite
Seat13F_AC_CRJ and flyquiet like this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry

Thanks for coming back! Advice takes effort, as does critique ;-)... , so it`s nice to see the OP come back to thank the other posters (or take their lumps). Agree with AS that most of us don't bite.
--
13F
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Thanks for valuing everyone else's time!
Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Thanks for valuing everyone else's time!
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.