Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss first class bookable!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Interesting comments - in the column and posted replies below it

A SWISS First Class Settlement - Live and Let's Fly

Last edited by 24left; Mar 22, 2018 at 2:53 pm
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by 24left
Interesting comments - in the column and posted replies below it

A SWISS First Class Settlement - Live and Let's Fly

An interesting read. My involuntarily downgraded redemption LX trip is coming up. There is always a back story, but I hold LX responsible for this one. A seat cannot be booked on Aeroplan unless the inventory had been made available by the carrier in question - LX.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
An interesting read. My involuntarily downgraded redemption LX trip is coming up. There is always a back story, but I hold LX responsible for this one. A seat cannot be booked on Aeroplan unless the inventory had been made available by the carrier in question - LX.
I agree, but from that article, it sounds like one possibility is that after a previous accidental opening of space, Swiss told Aeroplan "Block all O class from us. We are never going to intentionally release it to you, and we will not honor any future bookings made."

And then Aeroplan did nothing.

So the next time Swiss screwed up and opened O space, it was bookable, and Swiss blames Aeroplan.

If that is what happened, then while I certainly don't think Swiss is smart, it would be Aeroplan's responsibility.

Did you try getting moved to LH F with no YQ? That's what I did, and I was quite happy about it.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
@ACYYZ/SD
Absolutely, IMHO. I am one of many who believed that LX made a mistake (LX IT, lol) and for whatever reason, those who booked LX F via Aeroplan were left out to dry versus those who redeemed with UA MP or other. Regardless of whatever LX claims that there was an agreement between them and Aeroplan, they behave as if Aeroplan is to blame for releasing the inventory the LX system made available. In the end, since it was LX space, I suppose they did exactly what they wanted to minimize their exposure and Aeroplan and pax were left to fend for themselves.

Bit of a cautionary tale given that DL/AF and others also had F space released last year, only to subsequently cancel all of the tickets.

Last edited by 24left; Mar 23, 2018 at 10:31 am Reason: spelling
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by 24left
@ACYYZ/SD
Absolutely, IMHO. I am one of many who believed that LX made a mistake (LX IT, lol) and for whatever reason, those who booked LX F via Aeroplan were left out to dry versus those who redeemed with UA MP or other. Regardless of whatever LX claims that there was an agreement between them and Aeroplan, the behave as if Aeroplan is to blame for releasing the inventory the LX system made available. In the end, since it was LX space, I suppose they did exactly what they wanted to minimize their exposure and Aeroplan and pax were left to fend for themselves.

Bit of a cautionary tale given that DL/AF and others also had F space released last year, only to subsequently cancel all of the tickets.
You roll the dice with any of these bookings. What impressed me most was the Aeroplan Agent who went above and beyond in offering solutions and alternatives and did not shrug off the scenario or lay blame. As per Cow's suggestion, will look at LH/First as we get down to t-minus 14 days, although LX/Biz will be acceptable.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:11 am

Hi All from the Thai BKK F Lounge. I finally got the routing I was willing to accept, 4 days before departure. Originally was booked BKK-BOM-ZRH-MIA. Currently flying BKK-FRA-MIA on TG F and LH F. I agree with all above this is not a settlement as "Live and Let Fly" claimed but i settled for something I was okay with taking. This was totally LX's fault and AC's sucked for just rolling over on us. Consumer protection is dead. I changed my routing multiple times and my destination multiple times per what Aeroplan was allowing me to do. Until last week I was originally booked BKK-FRA-ORD and paying for a flight on my own from ORD-MIA. I did not have to pay destination change fees or any taxes on any of my changes.

I hope you all end up with something that satisfies your First Class desires.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sgan317
Hi All from the Thai BKK F Lounge. I finally got the routing I was willing to accept, 4 days before departure. Originally was booked BKK-BOM-ZRH-MIA. Currently flying BKK-FRA-MIA on TG F and LH F. I agree with all above this is not a settlement as "Live and Let Fly" claimed but i settled for something I was okay with taking. This was totally LX's fault and AC's sucked for just rolling over on us. Consumer protection is dead. I changed my routing multiple times and my destination multiple times per what Aeroplan was allowing me to do. Until last week I was originally booked BKK-FRA-ORD and paying for a flight on my own from ORD-MIA. I did not have to pay destination change fees or any taxes on any of my changes.

I hope you all end up with something that satisfies your First Class desires.
Interesting choice of words
jasdou and hypertext like this.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: AS 100K
has anyone recently called AP for re-accommodations on LH F or any other F product? if so, did the AP agents acknowledge this was the LX F mistake award and waive any fees when re-booked or did you have to remind them?

My award is until September and since i'd like LH F, I figure I should not call them until then. I booked LAX-ZRH-MUC. In the mean time, if I find F space via Asia, do you think they would accommodate that? I've read that AP has been liberal with re-bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.