Wiki Posts
Search

Black Friday deals?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
you need to know the secret handshake.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 3:07 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by jazzsax
Or the secret code on the IFE system.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Originally Posted by jazzsax
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Or the secret code on the IFE system.
Drat. I hate being the new kid... >>goes and scuffs the carpet in the MLL entrance area ...
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by pewpew
Idk why bay street would even invest in airlines tbh. If anyone wants to turn $1B into $1M, let me know
As Jeff Macke said "are the stock markets open? Then it's a good time to sell airline stocks!"

This was circa late 2000s
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Open aircanada.com
Sees "Black Friday Sale"

-Gets Excited-

Checked at variety of locations
Sees same price across the board compared to last week

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Nov 22, 2017 at 7:33 pm
Old Nov 23, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I’d like to know how to get the cyber Monday code as well, in plain English, not some secret code.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Toolman0114
I’d like to know how to get the cyber Monday code as well, in plain English, not some secret code.
Don't be silly, AC can't tell everyone about their sales! What if lots of people wanted to spend money on AC??? No no no, these things have to be kept secret.

Next you'll be imagining that AC would start to "advertise"! Good grief ....
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
Over the past 3-4 years, the Cyber Monday code for 15% off all fares and a good selection of codeshares has been much more worthwhile.
You nailed it.
For today only, book your dream vacation and save 15% on Tango, Flex and Premium Economy Lowest base fares.
Hurry sale ends on November 27, 2017!
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...1127 to#/home:
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:16 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
So the Cyber Monday 15% deal has been posted on the aircanada.com site here.

Funny enough, a fare I was tracking jumped up 10% at Sunday midnight, so the only savings I would net would be 5%.

I'm sure that's just a coincidence...
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:24 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
So the Cyber Monday 15% deal has been posted on the aircanada.com site here.

Funny enough, a fare I was tracking jumped up 10% at Sunday midnight, so the only savings I would net would be 5%.

I'm sure that's just a coincidence...
Yes, a regularly occurring one...
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
So it ends 11:59 MDT. I assume that’s Mountain Daylight Time, which ended ... almost a month ago.

When I picked my outbound it returned me to the main page with both destination and locale amended to different continents. Prices seemed poor (as in high) too so meh whatever AC.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Didn’t work for me, travel must be before June 2018, I’m going in October. Maybe they will offer a Christmas discount.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Toolman0114
Didn’t work for me, travel must be before June 2018, I’m going in October. Maybe they will offer a Christmas discount.
​​usually a boxing day sale as well.

I recall bonus aeroplan miles for St. Patrick's day.

Any other annual sales/bonuses?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: AC75 MM
Not working for me: When trying to enter the Cybermonday2017 code I get this error:
We weren’t able to find any flights that match what you’re looking for. You can:
  • enter alternate travel dates;
  • select 'My dates are flexible' if the checkbox is available below;
  • select another airport if your departure or arrival city offers more than one option (e.g. New York: La Guardia and Newark airports);
  • check our Online Timetable for detailed information on flight schedules.
In addition, although some destinations may not be offered at aircanada.com, one of our Star Alliance partners may fly there. Contact Air Canada Reservations to see if your route is available.

Then when checking that my routes (like YVR-LHR, or YVR-CPH) are eligible even Vancouver is not recognized. Tried to book 2 eligible routes within the date window and get booted out each time. Same with a new browser and an icognito window.
Another IT success AC.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tomvancouver
Not working for me: When trying to enter the Cybermonday2017 code I get this error:
We weren’t able to find any flights that match what you’re looking for. You can:
  • enter alternate travel dates;
  • select 'My dates are flexible' if the checkbox is available below;
  • select another airport if your departure or arrival city offers more than one option (e.g. New York: La Guardia and Newark airports);
  • check our Online Timetable for detailed information on flight schedules.
In addition, although some destinations may not be offered at aircanada.com, one of our Star Alliance partners may fly there. Contact Air Canada Reservations to see if your route is available.

Then when checking that my routes (like YVR-LHR, or YVR-CPH) are eligible even Vancouver is not recognized. Tried to book 2 eligible routes within the date window and get booted out each time. Same with a new browser and an icognito window.
Another IT success AC.
I had exactly the same experience trying to book to Asia (neither HKG or TPE). Something is seriously wrong with AC's programming of this promotion!

UPDATE: I tried another computer (desktop) and was able to successfully complete the booking, even getting an open jaw to HKG and back from TPE. Something about my laptop/browser was incompatible with AC's booking software for today's cybersale. Only weird thing was that I was unable to select seats, which were automatically assigned (and which I can't seem to change online post booking).

Last edited by transportprof; Nov 27, 2017 at 10:20 am Reason: update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.