Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC appeared to be introducing co-pay for SE100K upgrades but was IT glitch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC appeared to be introducing co-pay for SE100K upgrades but was IT glitch

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Maybe they jumped the gun on 2018 devaluation lol
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:56 pm

My current strategy is book PY on my SIN-xxx-YYZ flights and upgrade the TPAC segment on AC. Then fly domestic / transborder a few times and use my other eUpgrade there.

Usually gets me enough for E50 or E75. The AQM jump to SE100K is too expensive.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Back in the day when the AC lurkers used to post here, they would give us heads up ahead of time on these things. But it took some blowhard idiots to scare the official lurkers from here, and conveniently enough, these blowhards are also no longer posting here.
Sadly, not all the blowhards left.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
I was very alarmed at reading this thread. It would be nice if the original poster updated the original post. A big lump in my throat started forming when I read the first few posts!
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:23 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
OH NO, not another AC enhancement. Definitely a real downgrade for SEs and this sucks big time. Lets hope AC reconsiders it.

Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
OH NO, not another AC enhancement. Definitely a real downgrade for SEs and this sucks big time. Lets hope AC reconsiders it.

It pays to re-read this whole thread.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
It would be nice if the original poster updated the original post.
Done.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
why start of the altitude year?

If so, what about the eUp promos?
I meant most enhancements like removing E35 guest privs and when they lost Intl access and when IKK was retired were, I think, live from the start of the next altitude year.

eUp promos are actually a real enhancement and a good way to make money in the case of the Tango copay ones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.