Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your Super Elite S100K 2018/19 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your Super Elite S100K 2018/19 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by canopus27

But I agree with yyznomad, MM is certainly motivation for continuing to credit to AC.
Keep in mind this is the airline with the ethical soul of your average rock, and so it is quite likely that they will devalue and degrade the benefits and value of MM, 2MM or 3MM by the time you get there.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by canopus27
Yeah, sure ... but who could possibly fly that much? 3MM? Really? Anyone who claims to have that status now is just faking it
I suppose that, if I told you that I am 25, you'd have an even bigger problem with it.

But then, that part would not be completely accurate.

Last edited by YEG_SE4Life; Oct 19, 2017 at 11:24 am
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:01 am

MrsITAG qualified for SE today, with an overseas flight that took place Tuesday.

Status update online was instant, i.e. it showed up this morning, and new status shows immediately, i.e. no Sunday sweep.

Gonna be interesting with two SE's now travelling together.
Plumber likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
MrsITAG qualified for SE today, with an overseas flight that took place Tuesday.

Status update online was instant, i.e. it showed up this morning, and new status shows immediately, i.e. no Sunday sweep.

Gonna be interesting with two SE's now travelling together.
Congrats... but I can tell you after five or six years traveling as a "power-duo" of two SEs it makes absolutely zero difference... zero.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Got my AQD in August.

Made effort to fly DL for 3 weeks in October so that the eUps go to next year.

Gifting 50K to the wife costs me huge eUps.

Just not interested in getting to 140 for the next set of eUps. If they had a 120 level, ya, I'd do it.

Meanwhile I get higher status on DL.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:43 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Congrats... but I can tell you after five or six years traveling as a "power-duo" of two SEs it makes absolutely zero difference... zero.
I don't even think it really matters whether the second traveller has any status at all, the vast majority of the time. My wife went from FOTSG to E50K and there has been no discernible difference to our travel experience other than occasionally we can use eUps from her account instead of mine.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I don't even think it really matters whether the second traveller has any status at all, the vast majority of the time. My wife went from FOTSG to E50K and there has been no discernible difference to our travel experience other than occasionally we can use eUps from her account instead of mine.
agreed. When we travel as a family of three the statusless third person also gets benefits of status.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E75K, IHG Platnium, National Executive Elite
I should be able to hit 95 segments this month, but I don't think I will hit AQD this year as I am forced to fly mostly short haul on Tango through my company. A lot of 4 segment short trips.

I will actually probably end up closer to 105 segments since April.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: AC 1MM/SE 100K, MR Lifetime Premiere Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Requalified back in August, now at around 130K, and remaining flights will be on AS so I can requal as MVP Gold over there.

More interestingly, this year both my wife and my 3 year old have hit 90K. Since we almost always travel together, SE+2x75K should be good enough (not like they'd ever need their own concierge or IKK someone other than me), but I'm contemplating some sort of MR just to have my daughter be an SE. I'm not sure what the 'youngest SE' is, but I'm pretty sure 3 years old would definitely be up there. Just so she can be spoiled early :P
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aionesu
Requalified back in August, now at around 130K, and remaining flights will be on AS so I can requal as MVP Gold over there.

More interestingly, this year both my wife and my 3 year old have hit 90K. Since we almost always travel together, SE+2x75K should be good enough (not like they'd ever need their own concierge or IKK someone other than me), but I'm contemplating some sort of MR just to have my daughter be an SE. I'm not sure what the 'youngest SE' is, but I'm pretty sure 3 years old would definitely be up there. Just so she can be spoiled early :P
They'll assume it's an error on the manifest.

*Which of you is ACTUALLY Super Elite?" etc.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
They'll assume it's an error on the manifest.

*Which of you is ACTUALLY Super Elite?" etc.
Haha yes that's very common!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
Despite have a baby in May now he's a 5-month-old, I'll manage to requalify after 11/14! (upcoming trip LGA-DEN, EWR-LAX) with close 110K total this year. AQD not a problem for me given non-resident requirement. Let's see what the benefits bring next year. Lots of AE points to burn still.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Just crossed last week:

AQM: 100,167
AQS: 61
AQD: $25,499

No more big trips this year, but will probably finish around 110-115k or so, my perfect amount of travel

SE 7 years in a row, 968k towards MM so should hit that sometime in Q1.

Safe travels!
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Requalified this week. Between early July and this past weekend, flew no TATL/TPAC AC at all. Was glorious.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by ylwae
...flew no TATL/TPAC AC at all. Was glorious.
What was the glorious part? No long ocean crossings? Or no AC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.