Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What I’ve noticed on my first AC trip in 6 months

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What I’ve noticed on my first AC trip in 6 months

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 3:50 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
I’ll update as the day goes, but the summarize, I haven’t been on an AC flight for 6-ish months and today is my first time back. Here is what I have noticed so far...... (will edit post and update as necessary).

Positive:
1) Getting into the lounge with just a BP and no card now actually works....
Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?

Several years ago I queried this forum about why it was necessary to produce your card when the BP had all the required info.

I was promptly offered up approximately one trillion reasons why presenting only the BP was a stupendously bad idea, could never ever work, and had zero chance of ever being implemented... EVER!!!!

And now it's policy?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by KenHamer
Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?

Several years ago I queried this forum about why it was necessary to produce your card when the BP had all the required info.

I was promptly offered up approximately one trillion reasons why presenting only the BP was a stupendously bad idea, could never ever work, and had zero chance of ever being implemented... EVER!!!!

And now it's policy?
there were more apologist [posting years ago, who didn't understand that within 10 years after every other airline has done it, AC can copy it.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?

And now it's policy?
I never had to present my card in the past couple of years.

Sean Peever is a total FOTSG.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yyznomad

I have never presented my card at a MLL ever. In my few visits. I've only used it once at an airport at a newly minted mighty Prestige to ask if there was a line without 300 people in it I probably looked like a right DYKW(hat)IA to other pax.

Hey Peever got the 2015 package yet?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:00 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
lol, I don't mind but I hope others don't as well!

It was a Pokemon Go special event that I was taking advantage of, not the first time I have either. It was 11 days straight, and you're correct it's slightly more than a marathon each day. Blisters, chaffing etc are all part of it, but I have found ways to minimize it.

And while I do consider myself a fit person, it's not possible to do it in 8-9 hours a day because of how the game works, there are times you need to stop, etc. So it was closer to 14-19 hour days for 11 days straight.

By the end of it, I was with some people (people would join me for portions each day) and they were both laughing and worried for me because I couldn't make it up the last staircase going to the olympic torch at vancouver waterfront, I had to take the elevator up on the last day. So yes, I was more than a little tired.

But, if you want specifics I am more than happy to answer! Some days were actually as much as 58km, some days were as little at 33km.
Does that include class-of-service bonuses?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: *$ Green
I think he only got straight 100% accumulation, but extra points from Earn Your Poke Badge.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by yyznomad

Speaking of which, I left your mail with grandma, there are 2 envelopes, grab them from her when you see her next.

Originally Posted by jc94
Hey Peever got the 2015 package yet?
Actually, no I have not!!! I am starting to loose hope . That 100K package is never coming .

Actually, it's a negative class of service of about 10% as it doesn't track distance correctly, so actual distance traveled was ~10% more.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
One should never loose hope.

Oi lurking Gremlins! 2015, sort it out! Or we'll start trending #2015Package @aircanada!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.