Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by jc94

Do Lat complementary upgrades book into P or R?
Y/B can upgrade with positive P space (or Z for domestic), but once upgraded they won't become P, they will become R.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Ah got it thanks.

I know AC can determine if an R is from an eUp, bid or LMU. If they can do it correctly at the MLL or SSL however is unclear.

Either way, Jumper Jack won’t be getting in on an I ticket in April. Sorry dude.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: *$ Green
I don't think "+1" is reasonable and/or feasible.

That would mean doubling the potential admittance (which we already is not even remotely feasible).

Beaides, if you are travelling with a +1, you can always go in the MLL.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:00 pm

I could see Caribbean destinations getting in as those flights usually leave not during the busy evening bank of European flights.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I don't think "+1" is reasonable and/or feasible.

That would mean doubling the potential admittance (which we already is not even remotely feasible).

Beaides, if you are travelling with a +1, you can always go in the MLL.
It's not doubling it depending on how they do it.

If the +1 must be in J on the same flight, then that means they're in R or I class. Confirmed in advance.

And if it's limited to ONE guest, there shouldn't be a huge increase.

This would basically just solve the "I bought a ticket and redeemed points/upgrades for my significant other" problem.

Would that cause overcrowding? Maybe. Nice way to take someone for a fancy-ish dinner before a flight.

But it's limited to the lesser of paid seats and seats released for miles/upgrades, which is completely controlled by AC.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Could be an option, especially that some of them like UVF leaves super early AM. BTW is UVF still mainline?

What leaves in the AM besides LHR and HKG?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Why on earth would they do that?

A bunch of people in this thread have said something like "I can see them opening it up to [my status level], but nothing more." I'd bet a fair bit of money that if there's ever a status-exception here, it's going to be SE or E50K. Not some other obscure level.
Exactly! SE2MM (or SE3MM - you know who (and how obscure) you are!) is too obscure. My newly hard-earned E25K should definitely be allowed. PLEASE!

Dr. PITUK
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:41 am

Could be an option, especially that some of them like UVF leaves super early AM. BTW is UVF still mainline?

just realised they can limit access to mainline Caribbean only so that it's a much tighter adjustment.

Also, all passengers with FT handles quantumofforce, even when flying economy
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
just realised they can limit access to mainline Caribbean only so that it's a much tighter adjustment.

Also, all passengers with FT handles quantumofforce, even when flying economy
Will change my handle to quantumofforce

There is another possibility, SSL will be "enhanced" that it will become a pickle bar with fancy dinning tables.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 6:11 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Keep it as is! It's for people who have cash , at least that's the indication form AC. They want it to be exclusive. not sure all the discussion on this Lounge. They state the rules.
Of course now and then the "inexpensive" P fare sneaks in. Only so many ways to police things.

I'm happy with the MLL for the 10 minutes or 3 hours I spend in it. It's adequate.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
.......- It would have been difficult to open the lounge to Barbados bound travelers......
Will need to find a way to MacGyver the SSL in February
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Two weeks away from my first trip using this new lounge, and all I can say is keep the riff-raff out.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Two weeks away from my first trip using this new lounge, and all I can say is keep the riff-raff out.
Yeah, rather than making it more inclusive, they should also require you to be SE, right?
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:09 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Canadian resident SE's
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat

My Shanghai flight leaves at 12:20 PM, close enough to AM for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.