Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Dorian
.....Will add when I get time.
@Dorian
Thanks so much for all of these charts. Fascinating info and discussion. Also, data charts are a personal favourite of mine, so....
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So the EZE flight also goes to SCL first. Might be worth mentioning.

I also propose a new column:

Code:
Avg Delay (min)

I'll have some formulas coming soon too

If only this were a Google Sheet
Dude....take it over! Anything more than this is beyond my fast skills.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Dude....take it over! Anything more than this is beyond my fast skills.
Haha I'm working on something... I'll post when I can.

Spreadsheets are complicated for me. I'm used to writing code. I can do whatever I want. Now I'm looking up how to write a SUMIF.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:32 pm

Okay here's Dorian's latest, with my delay column, and I've used formulas to calculate the loads, rather than "hard-coded" sums.
876 didn't include 848 at 1 hour
846 didn't exclude 872 at 3 hours

Next task is taking delay information into account

I'd open it up for editing, but with all the complaints @Adam Smith has had about his AQD calculator, I'll just turn comments on. Feel free to leave one if you see an issue

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...fsokL1Bfw/edit
Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:38 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Okay here's Dorian's latest, with my delay column, and I've used formulas to calculate the loads, rather than "hard-coded" sums.
876 didn't include 848 at 1 hour
846 didn't exclude 872 at 3 hours

Next task is taking delay information into account

I'd open it up for editing, but with all the complaints @Adam Smith has had about his AQD calculator, I'll just turn comments on. Feel free to leave one if you see an issue

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...fsokL1Bfw/edit
So, just to be clear, your delay column is factored in to all cells?

(Sorry for the errors, knocked it out fast and not a core skill.)
Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Cow,can you generate me a CSV of posted delay per flight?

1 year of daily should be ok, with dates if possible. The days the flight dont operate can be left blank (don't put 0, NA, or anything like that).
Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

@Dorian @canadiancow - this is awesome. Thanks for all the work.

A quick glance tells me BOM and CDG are really not much different in the delay universe.

How fantastic is this that the thread has moved from mild obsession over who is allowed into The Suite, to how many guests are likely to be departing at which times and how that may influence space for those qualified to enter.

I wonder if AC is now adjusting their estimates.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:52 pm

No, it's not factored in at all yet. You should be able to see the formulas, no?

Errors are fine. That's what peer reviews are for

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Cow,can you generate me a CSV of posted delay per flight?

1 year of daily should be ok, with dates if possible. The days the flight dont operate can be left blank (don't put 0, NA, or anything like that).
I don't know where I'd get that data. I charge $300/hour. Rounded up.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Thought you'd have a fancy way to pull it off FR24 or whatnot.

I pay $0/h rounded up. I only do it for the lulz.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:15 pm

Okay I added two more sheets.

One assumes people leave at T-15 (fairly reasonable), and it eliminates a lot of the red/orange.
The other assumes every flight is delayed until its average delay length, and that boarding would be delayed that long too. It gets a lot more red
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:23 pm

Okay I added two more sheets.

One assumes people leave at T-15 (fairly reasonable), and it eliminates a lot of the red/orange.
Am I dense? I don't understand how this matters....as functionally all it does is change all departure times to T-15.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
I wonder if AC is now adjusting their estimates.
They likely will after CC gets on it.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:40 pm

Am I dense? I don't understand how this matters....as functionally all it does is change all departure times to T-15.
If you look at it as "I get to the lounge 60 minutes before departure" rather than "I spend 60 minutes in the lounge", then yes, it makes a difference.

I'm basically just trying to play around with numbers to see different outcomes.

I made a new sheet that uses a 0 to 150 to max value (261) for the whole sheet, rather than the existing ranges. Anything dark orange or worse is "over capacity" that way. At 75%/75% with no delays, it's never over capacity, and it's all quite green.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:42 pm

If you look at it as "I get to the lounge 60 minutes before departure" rather than "I spend 60 minutes in the lounge", then yes, it makes a difference.
But if every flight is subject to this, how does it matter?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:48 pm

But if every flight is subject to this, how does it matter?
In the original sheet, a flight departing at 2100 had you in the lounge from 2000-2100. With this approach, it has you in the lounge from 2000-2045 (or 1900-2045, or 1800-2045). Not 1/2/3 hours in the lounge, but 1/2/3 hours "at the airport" (yes yes I know you can't get curb to lounge in 0 seconds). It means you're not in the lounge as long, freeing up space for later flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.