Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slightly Annoyed: 1 Credit Short

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
No, it would be 1 extra credit to upgrade from Latitude or PY flexible (13).

I may fly through NRT instead, in which case it's only 11 from Latitude.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 4:58 pm

Any recent SE experiences with this? I am short 2 credits to eUp the return flight on a TCON from PY to J. I’ve already upgraded the outbound, which will put me over the 100k threshold eupgrades. The return is 3 days later so the 20 won’t post in time to use no matter what.

Emailed the Concierge and was denied. Are there any options other than buying a flight pass (or paying the upfare)?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
Any recent SE experiences with this? I am short 2 credits to eUp the return flight on a TCON from PY to J. I’ve already upgraded the outbound, which will put me over the 100k threshold eupgrades. The return is 3 days later so the 20 won’t post in time to use no matter what.

Emailed the Concierge and was denied. Are there any options other than buying a flight pass (or paying the upfare)?
What is your return? A SE might be on the same flight and upgrade you at the airport using their eUps.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
None that I know of. They took away the concierge and SE desk's ability to do this quite some time ago
Old Oct 16, 2019, 5:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by expert7700
None that I know of. They took away the concierge and SE desk's ability to do this quite some time ago
I think you drastically underestimate what the concierge CAN do.

They just have to WANT to do it.

The easiest way to accomplish that is to ask for something in-policy. Or have their superior tell them to do something.

My record is being rebooked from R to J and being sent to a different continent than ticketed.
D582 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Slightly annoyed, $1.43 short.

The J ticket price is $5788.43, but I only have $5787.00 available in my charge card.

i just made a payment, but it’ll take a couple of days for the payment to post.

I called in to ask if I cloud pay $5787.00 now and pay the remaining $1.43 in a couple of days, my request was denied.

What a horrible way for AC to treat it’s Million Miler frequent travelers!!

I want to sit in J dammit, PY is unacceptable!

Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jaysona
The J ticket price is $5788.43, but I only have $5787.00 available in my charge card.

I called in to ask if I cloud pay $5787.00 now and pay the remaining $1.43 in a couple of days, my request was denied.

I've never had an issue getting a credit or charge card transaction pre-approved with a simple phone call, even if it exceeded my typical limit or spending power.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've never had an issue getting a credit or charge card transaction pre-approved with a simple phone call, even if it exceeded my typical limit or spending power.

canopus27 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:34 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I believe that the post by jaysona was meant in sarcasm.

Took me a while to differentiate this post from others too.
jaysona likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold

I tried and failed with 1 credit.

I am actually a whole flight short for my next TPAC, here's hoping a friendly FT'er will be on one of my flights . That almost worked out last year
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:46 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jaysona

I don't think anyone should feel entitled to this, but I also don't think it's unreasonable of them to ask. After all, the borrowed eUps are only used if the customers take the flights that will pay off the "loans", so it doesn't really cost AC anything.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I don't think anyone should feel entitled to this, but I also don't think it's unreasonable of them to ask. After all, the borrowed eUps are only used if the customers take the flights that will pay off the "loans", so it doesn't really cost AC anything.
Right - I didn't feel entitled to this (and the "Slightly Annoyed" part is the original thread title). It was more of a question of possibilities.

I'll be earning the eUps either way. I just won't be able to use them until after the return (which is AC309 on 10/30). I'm traveling with a coworker so it's still an option that he lends me a few credits on the day of travel.

I've had a Concierge add credits based on an eUp that used the incorrect amount, so it's certainly possible to do (but this was in May).
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.