Slightly Annoyed: 1 Credit Short

Old Sep 16, 17, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
Slightly Annoyed: 1 Credit Short

Know this is nothing new, but I really wish there were a way to pay $$ in lieu of eUp credits.

I'm 1 credit short for an upcoming TATL.

[/vent]
Old Sep 16, 17, 8:12 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by capedreamer View Post
Know this is nothing new, but I really wish there were a way to pay $$ in lieu of eUp credits.

[/vent]
AC seem to design their numbers to make it as hard as possible to use them all. Still assuming this is 26.. how did you end up with exacrly 25? A Latitude 1 credit upgrade somewhere?
Old Sep 16, 17, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jc94 View Post
AC seem to design their numbers to make it as hard as possible to use them all. Still assuming this is 26.. how did you end up with exacrly 25? A Latitude 1 credit upgrade somewhere?
This would be for upgrading from PY Lowest to J on AMS-YYZ, so 21 credits. I have 20 left.
Old Sep 16, 17, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC E75K 2MM former 14-year SE; UA MP Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite

[/vent]
If I could give you one of mine, I would, but I can't.
Old Sep 16, 17, 10:08 am

Programs: AC*SE100K BA-S HH-D IHG-G Accor-G MR-S
I was able to borrow 1 credit from future credits once in the past, because the trip I wanted to upgrade was putting me over the next threshold for additional credits. As an SE, I would send a polite message to a concierge.
--
13F
Old Sep 16, 17, 10:34 am

I wonder if selling eUps would ever make sense for AC. Obviously only available for altitude members, would help out people in this situation and provide AC with some extra funds.

Of course, used carefully eUps can be very valuable say $100 each (10 credits allowing a low flex to J upfare for a $500/$1500 flight) ... But on other routes 6 credits can be worth maybe $300.
Old Sep 16, 17, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ View Post
I was able to borrow 1 credit from future credits once in the past, because the trip I wanted to upgrade was putting me over the next threshold for additional credits. As an SE, I would send a polite message to a concierge.
--
13F
Hmm. Interesting. But since I'm not about to cross a threshold, I'm not sure I can make a convincing case for "borrowing" from the future.

Is there even a threshold before requalifying at 100k? I'm currently around the 60k mark.
Old Sep 16, 17, 10:52 am

Hmm. Interesting. But since I'm not about to cross a threshold, I'm not sure I can make a convincing case for "borrowing" from the future.

Is there even a threshold before requalifying at 100k? I'm currently around the 60k mark.
Around? The first threshold is 60k then 80k.
Or if you buy flight passes and picked the relevant option ...
Old Sep 16, 17, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Oh my...I don't know how I didn't know this. I'm at 58,641! Will contact AC now. Thanks, all!
Old Sep 16, 17, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ View Post
--
13F
This is why I love FT. Thanks to @Seat13F_AC_CRJ and @jc94, I'm now on the upgrade waitlist for this flight!
Old Sep 16, 17, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC*E - PC Plat - Carlson Gold - National E/E
And of course, no one here is giving AC kudos. You won't see an article about this on the CBC...
Old Sep 16, 17, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, A3*S, SPG Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond
This is why I love FT. Thanks to @Seat13F_AC_CRJ and @jc94, I'm now on the upgrade waitlist for this flight!
Can you clarify what you actually did to make this happen?
Old Sep 16, 17, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Can you clarify what you actually did to make this happen?
Called Concierge. Explained that I'm short a credit which I'll earn with the very flight I'm hoping to upgrade. Asked if they could let me "borrow" from the future. Concierge agent (very friendly and professional) said she'll email someone to inquire whether this can be done. Told me it might take a couple business days to hear back. 15 minutes later, I received both text and email notifications informing me that I've been waitlisted.

Sometimes, just when I'm ready to throw in the towel, AC impresses with something like this. Sigh...
Old Sep 16, 17, 1:41 pm

Called Concierge. Explained that I'm short a credit which I'll earn with the very flight I'm hoping to upgrade. Asked if they could let me "borrow" from the future. Concierge agent (very friendly and professional) said she'll email someone to inquire whether this can be done. Told me it might take a couple business days to hear back. 15 minutes later, I received both text and email notifications informing me that I've been waitlisted.

Sometimes, just when I'm ready to throw in the towel, AC impresses with something like this. Sigh...
Nice, AC concierge strikes again (in a good way)! Hopefully you'll clear the waitlist.
Old Sep 16, 17, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jazzsax View Post
And of course, no one here is giving AC kudos. You won't see an article about this on the CBC...
I'm giving AC kudos.

Regarding the CBC comment, I understand what you're getting at, but that's a nonsense statement. Even if CBC wanted to write a feel-good story complimentary of AC, this particular situation would be just about the worst possible example they could use. Not only is it applicable to maybe 1% of CBC's audience, it's so specific and in-the-weeds, I suspect even many Altitude status members would not identify with, care about, or even understand what's being talked about.
j_the_p likes this.

Search this Thread