Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan having issues with EVA (BR)? after LX, CA, Copa?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan having issues with EVA (BR)? after LX, CA, Copa?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: Enough
I'll add that in the client case described in my post, NO BR PNR was provided on the Aeroplan website. That may be the sign of a problem.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
I have 3 in J YYZ-TPE-HKG on BR J and last week, one of the 3 was cancelled.

So I had 2 tickets YYZ-TPE-HKG-NRT-YYZ and 1 ticket just HKG-NRT-YYZ

This was booked in May and seats were selected.

AP was able to correct it and it all looks ok again... Just need to keep an eye on it now.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by mjrobson
I have 3 in J YYZ-TPE-HKG on BR J and last week, one of the 3 was cancelled.

So I had 2 tickets YYZ-TPE-HKG-NRT-YYZ and 1 ticket just HKG-NRT-YYZ

This was booked in May and seats were selected.

AP was able to correct it and it all looks ok again... Just need to keep an eye on it now.
How did you get notified about the 1 cancelled ticket?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:33 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
I rushed a redemption just in case this panned out.

Booked a mini-RTW this morning and was ticketed about 15 minutes later, with a BR PNR, seat assignment, etc.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:17 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I booked tickets on BR a week ago, everything still looks fine.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:42 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Bumping this one as it relates to some recent issues I have had this week with AP & Eva availability.

Mrs. CC and I are going to Japan for a cruise end of next September (assuming the COVID situation allows for it). Was able to book flights to HND ok (not with AC direct as shows no availability for my dates (so used SAS out of EWR, but I digress). We will be coming home from NGO and I have been watching availability on BR (2 seats in J with BR was the only option available) every day for the past 3 weeks waiting for the date I need to become available (NGO-TPE-YYZ in J - all on BR metal). A few days ago this option disappeared ?? Not only for the day I was looking at in early October, but all the previous dates which showed availability prior. The TPE-YYZ availability was still there, but the NGO-TPE direct flight on BR 127 (789) vanished (both Y and J).

Maybe EVA decided to pull all this inventory, even though their website still shows the flight operating I thought ? So I decided to check UA just for fun to see if it was possible to book with them. Sure enough - lots of availability (2 seats in J every day) ! Must just be a glitch on AP's site I surmised - in fact the availability calendar actually showed J seats that were to exist on my dates, but nothing showed up on those days (only 2 days earlier when Asiana availability loads in, with a stop in ICN).

Explained the whole situation to the nice AP person on the phone but she could not see the availability either. I asked if she could contact EVA directly and she said there was no way for her to escalate - it is an availability issue. But, I explained again - the seats are available - I can book them right now with United (Business Saver award no less at 33K pts). United must get preferred access to the inventory she suggested

To top this off, I looked for other Eva connection options out of KIX, NRT and HND (which Eva does not appear to fly to) to TPE - no availability at all - not even for 1 passenger in Y.

Short of booking one flight with United and one with AP - is there another way to try and make this happen before the limited TPE-YYZ seats are gone ?

Any insight would be appreciated

CC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.