Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Message board for our FT friends at AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2003, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hang in there... I will continue to fly AC. In fact, I just booked a trip as a vote of confidence in the future.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 11:52 am

I'm still flying AC only too. I estimate my airfare revenue will increase 50% this year with all of it going to AC.

Hang in there. I have had some really outstanding crews lately and many good ones before that (you know who you are ).

I have heard from some of the FA's that you get dumped on by some E's and P's (but not so many SE's) but remember that there are many of us who appreciate your efforts every time we fly

Thanks and best wishes in these trying times.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 1:15 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Yup - me too ... only flying AC this year - doing my bit anyway I can! Booked this morning for next week and the week after!

PB
Old Apr 1, 2003, 1:29 pm

I can't believe this

I will do what I can to support AC and move my flying over.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 1:50 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

I wish this was an April Fools' day joke.

[This message has been edited by Empress (edited 04-01-2003).]
Old Apr 1, 2003, 2:03 pm

Programs: AlFursan, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Avios, Bonvoy, All
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
I wish this was an April Fools' day joke.

[This message has been edited by Empress (edited 04-01-2003).]
</font>
Sadly, the only fools here are creditors, shareholders and (likely) taxpayers.

And I almost forgot frequent flyers.

1D

[This message has been edited by jakpot (edited 04-01-2003).]
Old Apr 1, 2003, 2:06 pm

I think this will give AC a chance to come out much stronger.
This debt burden imposed by the CP take over did not help.

I wish everyone well

I will keep flying....
Old Apr 1, 2003, 4:06 pm

Hang in there AC employees! Hopefully things will work out for the better and AC will emerge a stronger more focused "TEAM" and will be all it can be.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA-1K (3MM); AA-Gold (1MM); Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Hang in there. AC will survive, and at the end of this process, it will have a better balance sheet to the benefit of everyone.

Cheers
Old Apr 2, 2003, 12:08 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
To those AC employees who work hard every day to make AC one of the best airlines in the world and know what customer service means, I support you 100%.

I have to admit though, I hope that the 'bad apples' in the organization are 'are dropped from the tree' once this process is over.

Unfortunately, unlike some others here on FT, I will not be switching back my transborder and international travel to AC until I see concrete signs that AC truly cares about its' FFs. (ie) Two weeks ago my partner tried to use his brand new Prestige card in the kiosk at YYC (tried 3 of them) and each time the red light came on and it rejected the card. Stood in line to get an agent and was told 'you must be putting it in wrong'. Heading back from YVR, I also tried the card in a couple kiosks and I rejected each time! I called Aeroplan Prestige Centre to request a replacement card since it won't work properly. The agent says "please hold". Returns to the line to say "I can request a new one for you for $10 plus GST". My reply? "Well, the original card is not working." Her reply? "That's our policy regardless of the situation and Aeroplan status - I checked with my colleague". Stunned, I push harder. "Please transfer me to a lead agent or the Help Desk". Once again, she says "please hold". Upon returning to the line, her short comment was "your card will arrive in 4 to 6 weeks". Yikes. Common sense and/or good judgement did not prevail here at all. I have given up on contacting Customer Solutions about these things...where Aeroplan is concerned, who do you write to? AC or Aeroplan?
Old Apr 2, 2003, 12:48 am
Suspended

Sorry, not me. I've been out for a while and took great pleasure tonight in booking 4 tickets worth $1000+ on WJ.

When AC2 starts up, with a newer vision and better MGNMT, I will consider returning, until then strictly aeroplan redemption.
Old Apr 2, 2003, 6:21 am
YHZ

I will continue to fly AC as in the past. I'm a domestic Elite and do need AC for many of my destinations.

Good luck to the staff as they face new challenges with this evolving situation.You've got my support.
Old Apr 2, 2003, 7:43 am

Thank You very much for your continued support. I had a feeling that this would happen,the writing was on the wall. This is
the best financial move that AC could do in my opinion.(they thought that our wages were
the BIG problem at AC.)
Anyways,I am glad that I am part of the only
union that negotiated with the company all this time despite having job securtiy writtin in stone. We came up with a great
money saver at 11:58. We will be saving the
company close to 45 million in one year and
that with noone losing their houses,it is a win win agreement.
How could AC continue to grow with the high
rents on equipment... now by the end of the
year AC will be a stong company and will be
able to compete more efficiently with its
American counterparts who went thru Ch 11.
What AC does need now is to keep focused on
delivering top quality service to those customers who continue to support us.I hope
you people are not disappointed. I hope you will eventually find the type of service you
expect from a World Class Airline like AC.
I would like to see AC put the World Class
back into its title.
Old Apr 2, 2003, 8:27 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Wishing AC employees all the best in this tough time. I too see this as a great opportunity to "get it right" (whatever that is). Despite the grousing that we occasionally do (and the very bad time at the beginning of 2002), AC has been very good to me overall.

As a Super Elite since 1998 and Elite before that, I demonstrate my loyalty by flying AC. I have trips to Europe, Ottawa, Edmonton and Beijing all on AC in the next month.

Old Apr 2, 2003, 8:37 am
msn

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gazou2002:
I am part of the only union that negotiated with the company all this time - - - We came up with a great money saver at 11:58. We will be saving the company close to 45 million in one year and that with noone losing their houses, it is a win win agreement.</font>
Amen to that. If everyone starts working in the same direction for once, things will improve for the better. Take care, Gazou!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.